Best Equipment Failure Ever

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Were the split fins the cause or just an unfortunate side effect?
Fins are not the cause, I am sure some people want things in life to be easy, if it is not, they give it a miss.
Read what is under my avatar :

Without risk, you earn nothing. OK?​

Enough of this, I will try to stay on topic.

Diving my semi-dry the last 6 or so weeks while using a DPV I've realized how cold you can be when wet and not fining. I now have a dry suit on order with all bells and whistles. Until it arrives (Feb) I've added an old 3mm hooded vest (hood removed) as a first layer under my semi-dry. 51° for an hour is bearable when moving. It's ******* miserable when being dragged along.

Fins are not the cause, I am sure some people want things in life to be easy, if it is not, they give it a miss.
Read what is under my avatar :

Without risk, you earn nothing. OK?​

Enough of this, I will try to stay on topic.
You might want to check your Sarcasm Pressure Gauge.

Why don't we have a sarcasm font? I actually checked for one before I posted.

ɯnɹoɟ ǝɥʇ ɟo ɐǝɹɐ suoᴉʇsǝƃƃns ǝɥʇ uᴉ ɐǝpᴉ ʇɐɥʇ ʇsod plnoɔ noʎ ǝsoddns I ¿ʇuoɟ ɯsɐɔɹɐS
Good idea.

Fins are very much alike a bicycle. They are the connection between your muscles and the resulting propulsion.
A biker usually owns at least 3 or 4 bicycles: one to be used in the city, one for travelling in the countryside, one for mountain climbing, one for off-road, and perhaps one for downhill. Each one has different technical properties and is optimised for a different style of propulsion. Furthermore, in each category each bicycle should be "fit" for the human body: size of frame and wheels, gear ratios, seat and handlebar must be usually customised differently for each one.
Fins are an attachment, nothing more. How many bicycles have you designed? You probably have never heard of hybrid bicycles?

Diving my semi-dry the last 6 or so weeks while using a DPV I've realized how cold you can be when wet and not fining. I now have a dry suit on order with all bells and whistles. Until it arrives (Feb) I've added an old 3mm hooded vest (hood removed) as a first layer under my semi-dry. 51° for an hour is bearable when moving. It's ******* miserable when being dragged along.
You're not helping me convince myself to get in the water!

You're not helping me convince myself to get in the water!
Dry suit, dry gloves, K-01 hood, heated vest are a cold water divers best friends.

Correction, second best friends. The best friend is the p-valve.

Dry suit, dry gloves, K-01 hood, heated vest are a cold water divers best friends.

Correction, second best friends. The best friend is the p-valve.
I was offered / encouraged to go dry when I did my OW, but nobody makes a dry suit in size extra fat ass off the shelf. My LDS said they had talked to the guy who they order from, and while he didn't make anything that large, he did have one he had made for himself, only slightly used, he would sell for $3000. Since i was already spending every penny I had, and would have for the next few months, on gear, I declined. Some day...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom