Best Family Friendly AI Resort?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SoCalOffshore:
we would need a kids program for our 10 year old while we dive.

I don't know of any included kids' programs that will babysit your kids while you dive. There may be a cut-off limit based on age but the free kid clubs' require that parents or guardians remain on the premises. This is so that they can return the child to you if they misbehave. You pay for a babysitter to handle any behavior problems that may arise. You'll definitely want to check with the resorts before assuming. I know in some dive destinations there are kids programs that will do dive, snorkel, naturalist activities for kids 5 and older but again, these are pay-for programs that allow the parents to leave the premises.

I would recommend Fiesta Americana as a good Family AI. We've taken our toddler daughter there 3 times. She loves the pools and the elevated, man-made beach for playing in the sand. The food is decent being a notch above other AI resorts I've stayed at including Iberostar and Allergo. It's location cannot be beat... Just a $5 cab to town and a short boat ride to the reefs returning you from diving quickly giving you more time to spend with your family. They have a kids club but our daughter was too young to participate. We utilize the resorts main receptionist to babysit our daughter and have become great friends with her. The resort, furnishings and rooms are far from 5-star but it's very clean and the staff is great! Finally, any op can pick you up and even without going with the house op, you can still use the lockers for your gear.

PM me if you have any additional questions.

We've been going to Wyndham/Reef Club for the last 7 years. Very child/kid friendly and just friendly in general. Daughter was 5 and son 10 when we first went. Some complain about the food but we've never had an issue. It also has a nice beach along with pools. We'll be back there 4/2-11 again this year.

We've been going to Wyndham/Reef Club for the last 7 years. Very child/kid friendly and just friendly in general. Daughter was 5 and son 10 when we first went. Some complain about the food but we've never had an issue. It also has a nice beach along with pools. We'll be back there 4/2-11 again this year.

is that south of town where the other resorts are?

Not to speak for spyder, but yes the Wyndam is a southern AI, wife and I have walked up to Wyndham when staying at the Allegro.

Southern AI's in order from north to south, they all have nice beaches and kid's programs and seperate babysitter availibility, I've heard the Wyndham and Iberostar have some ironrock outcropings when entering the water (water shoes may be needed) Allegro and Occidental Grand do not. You can't go wrong (family vacation) with any of these resorts. They all have on-site dive operaters, but most all other ops on the island will pick you up their too.

Wyndham
Allegro
Occidental Grand
Iberostar

Have Fun!

I would recommend Park Royal. We were there last year and thought it was excellent.

We are heading there Feb. 24th with our 15 & 12 year old. Not sure about the kids program, but certainly a great place to stay with a sheltered beach area and many pools.

My wife and I like the Fiesta Americana. Don't try to book the Fiesta directly or it is way over priced. If you email me we can give you the name of a travel agent who will book it at around 65 bucks a day Each AI. Its about 3 or 4 KM south of town, a good solid 21/2 stars, very clean, food ok, staff excellent. Mark

We booked at Occidental. It has a real beach while Intercon and Park Royal does not. With Park Royal the rooms are on one side of the freeway and the beach on the other.

All of the all-inclusive resorts south of town, Wyndham, Allegro, Occidental Grand, and Iberostar have kids programs and are close to the diving reefs of Cozumel. When the new owners took over the Allegro they built a large "almost Disney like" water park. This is probably good for what you are looking for but not good for those that want a quieter more adult based resort.

The Wyndham also has a large kids park with swimming pool.

Underwater photos of Cozumel by Scuba One Travel

I just got back from the Holiday Village White Sands ('old' Allegro) and it was apparently great for kids. They had a fantastic water slide /pirate ship set up that almost made me want to try! they also had an extensive kids club type thing with crafts and nature talks and snaks and running about, and a fenced in area for the tiny ones. Also a jungle gym structure that was quite popular with the 4-8 yr old set...
The place was crawling with kidlets, splashing and playing and appearing to love every second..
I must admit, we were staying in the Royal Suites area that is adults only, which, if you're after that kind of quiet I cannot say enough about too, but parents appeared quite happy and so did the kids on the plane ride back to white, fluffy, snowy Toronto!

But it was my Virgin Cozumel experience and I WILL be back, perhaps in as little as 90 days!

I second the FA. Priced right and decent AI. Down south so a short ride to the reefs. Dive House is good. Others can pick up at the pier also. Close enough to the town if you want to visit. Go down Sunday nite for the local town square Mariachi concert.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom