Best Hotel For Diver/Non-Diver Combo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would stay at the Coral Princess. I have stayed there and they have a man made beach but the BIG plus is that you step off the rocks via ladder into the best snorkeling on the island from shore. Close to town and very clean. Just my opinion.

loudives:
Hi Christi,

See you in Oct.

Hi darlin! Looking forward to it :) Has your daughter gotten married yet? I can't remember the date!

Hugs to both you and your lovely other half :)

iamsharkbait:
Who might have the nicest beaches between Reef Club, Fiesta Am, Allegro and Occidental?

Hi Sharkbait :) I woudl rank the beaches in their current condition in this order:
Reef Club
Allegro
Occidental
Fiesta Americana

Another "perk" to Reef club is that it is just a short walk down the beach to San Francisco Beach and Paradise beach which are great beaches.

The Reef Club beach has really come back nice as well.

Allegro and Occidental are also neice, but due to the "drop off" from the resort area to the beach, they are not as wide as the Reef Club beach.

Fiesta Americana is a manmade beach area, which is nice...but doesn't have the sandy sloping beach into the ocean...you have to walk down steps into the water.

Hope this helps :)

I have stayed at Occidental Grand, Occidental Allegro and Fiesta Americana (pre-Wilma).

Pure beach/pool time, I would choose Grand, Allegro, then Fiesta Americana (in that order).

For diving, each has their advantages: Grand and Allegro are closest to the southern reefs and dive ops pick you up at hotel pier, so short ride to the dive sites. FA: also pick-up at the pier but a little longer ride to the southern reefs (where most of the "first" dives take place).

Price: Grand, Allegro, FA (highest to lowest).

Snorkeling off the beach: FA, Allegro, Grand (best to worst).

Rich

you may even want to try the Hotel Cozumel...........I enjoyed my two weeks there this past January

Hey Sharkbait,

I JUST booked a trip to Hotel Coz via Bay Adventures for October myself.
I did plenty of calling around before hand and I am assured by most everyone that Hotel Coz is a thumbs up.
I really haven't seen any negative stuff.
Bay Adventures seems to have a good rep too in case your already using them.

dashmatrix:
I did plenty of calling around before hand and I am assured by most everyone that Hotel Coz is a thumbs up.
I really haven't seen any negative stuff.
I will make this suggestion... if you like your privacy, ask for an ocean view room... the extra $10 a night is sooo worth it. It sure beats watching the pool volleyball and hearing all the screaming that goes with it. Oh, did I mention the Bingo by the pool or the skits they put on until 10 or 11? :shakehead

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom