Best Jupiter/WPB dive op for Goliath Grouper trips this Sept?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The dive op is inconsequential. The Castor pretty much assures you GGs. I can't recall a Jupiter dive without at least 1-2. On WPB dives I usually see GGs, especially on the wrecks.

I can't believe I have never done it. Next aggregation for sure!

I like Underwater Explorers in Boynton. Smaller boat = less divers. They also have a guide in the water with you on the drift dives. I prefer this because I shoot video/photo and don't like to tow a dive flag.

I can't believe I have never done it. Next aggregation for sure!

Angie, the Castor is to me the most beautiful wreck in Palm Beach County. it is covered in soft corals, including a huge amount of orange cup coral, red sponges, colorful sea fans, just a riot of color everywhere. Be sure to bring a bright light even in the day to bring out the colors. The GGs are a bonus on top of that and there always seem to be a couple around. It is really unbelievable at night, when the cup corals open up.

Don't want for the next aggregation, go any time! You might see us there, and we will be back for sure for the aggregation, along with the usual West Palm/Jupiter spots.

I like Underwater Explorers in Boynton. Smaller boat = less divers. They also have a guide in the water with you on the drift dives. I prefer this because I shoot video/photo and don't like to tow a dive flag.

UE is no longer putting a guide in the water. At least not the last two times I dove with them in November. Kevin was explaining to me that he could not afford it. So, if you need a guide, call Kevin and confirm one way or the other.

UE is no longer putting a guide in the water. At least not the last two times I dove with them in November. Kevin was explaining to me that he could not afford it. So, if you need a guide, call Kevin and confirm one way or the other.

You can reserve a guide for yourself or your group for $40 per trip when you sign up for dives on the web reservation system.

I was lucky enough to dive with Jim Abernathey a few years ago. He would actually drag us with an underwater scooter to get us real close to the goliath groupers. They took us out on the Shearwater for a 3 tank dive. It was an awesome day trip.

Attachments

• P9041171.jpg
    P9041171.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 29
  • P9041174.jpg
    P9041174.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 22
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom