Best LDS in Phoenix (and surrounding areas)???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Check out El Mar in Mesa. El Mar Diving Center, Your Arizona Scuba Diving Center

They're not too far from your office - off the 101 on Broadway. I'm pretty sure they have the most gear of anyone in town (I've been to almost all the others in the last several years) and fair prices. I suggest you go there before you buy all your other gear - they have a lot of it - two floors with the upstairs mostly devoted to wetsuits and BC'S. Lots of regs, computers and misc gear downstairs also. They lack a little in the camera dept. but so does every other LDS in town - if you're interested in that in the future go online.

They also own a satellite facility - and 36' Newton dive boat in San Carlos, MX. For warm water divng from here, that's the place to go. They carpool down there but several times a year charter a bus also. They've been around almost 50 years also - I've been diving here for 30 and can't think of any other LDS in town still in existence here since I started. Their repair technician - David Hayes - has a reputation as being one of the best in town.

Typically out of state dive trips will cost considerably more through an LDS than the same trip/place you can put together yourself with a few internet searches/phone calls. Some people like the convenience/camaraderie of going as a group with an LDS - we like to save the money...:wink: El Mar also has an in-house dive travel agency. El Mar Diving Center - Tierra Mar Travel Caradonna is a good online travel alternative also. Scuba Diving Vacations - Caradonna Dive Adventures

btw, Gary at ScubaMagic has a good rep. also. A friend of mine used to work with him - went out of her way to do so.

No $hit. I've been using their San Carlos boat with my Lds in Tucson and never realized it was associated to the shop up there.

You really should check out All Wet Scuba in Tempe also. They are the area's only 5 star Career Developement Center. They also have a pretty extensive TecRec training program!! Phone 480-491-5357

http://www.allwetscuba.com/

JohnnyO
------------
"What if the Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about?"

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom