Best 'Lesser Known' dives?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Passamaquoddy Bay in Maine was ranked as one of the top 50 places to dive before you die. I have not dived it yet but would like to.

James Bay / Hudson Bay is also a destination that I believe will have a lot of potential but it is remote and not easy to get to.

North Carolina wrecks and sharks can be compared to some of the best shark / wreck dives in the world.

I also agree with Channel Islands suggestion. That should also be a world class destination.

I will be following this thread to see what else comes up. Nice posts guys.

Agamemnon Channel in the Sechelt Inlet (near Sechelt, BC). The Skookumchuck rapids are at the mouth of the inlet and are the 2nd fastest flowing tidal narrows in the world clocking in at > 17 knots. Almost worth the trip just to see them.

We are doing a wreck dive this weekend in wreck valley. It's depending on conditions but the Lizzy D is a likely candidate. Can anyone else make a recommendation should I be able to sway the group to a different site?
RP

Which boat are you diving with?
Abilities/experience of the group?

Hi Guys,Those are great suggestions! But I am diving in the NE US this weekend! South shore of Long island - St. Croix is a long boat ride from here :) 404 Not Found are a lot of choices, but Lizzy D may be the best. If anyone has been to any of these sites and can make a recommendation I would appreciate it!!Thank you !RickP

Opps! I was responding to the original OP and didn't realize that this was a bumped thread. I can't advise you but I hope you have fun, good luck!

Last edited:
Blue Lake S. of Wendover NV, just across the border in Utah.

Seriously? Blue Lake?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom