Best Location for morning or evening dives near High Springs next week?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
J-Vo

J-Vo

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi All,

I know it's not great cave timing, but the opportunity to work remote in FL for a month has come up suddenly. Specifically I'm booked at @Capt Jim Wyatt 's Rum House next week, then will be down in Sarasota for three additional weeks.

What is going to be my best bet for early morning or evening dives next week?

How are conditions expected to be next week in general?

My understanding is Ginnie isn't too cooperative with cave divers these days. Is it still possible to dive after hours, and what is the process?

Thanks,

Well to add one more occurrence.

Went on Tuesday, got there at around 7:15am. It took some cajoling to get the dude at the gate to let me through with my annual pass. I guess he finally asked someone as he let me out with just my card with no problem a few hours later.
Very sad since if he didn't ask the right person you'd be SOL.

I'd normally say maybe a group of divers representing the cave community talk to those who are in charge. But IMO ginnie no longer cares about divers and we'd just be barking up the wrong tree. And likely to just put a smudge on the cave community.
I may be a broken record, but I predict Ginnie will not be open to cave divers in 10 years. Its going to follow the mexico landowner policy that tubers and swimmers are worth the money, divers are not.

Two dives a Ginnie so far. One blown p-valve and one blown wing dump. Only gets better from here.

Hi All,

I know it's not great cave timing, but the opportunity to work remote in FL for a month has come up suddenly. Specifically I'm booked at @Capt Jim Wyatt 's Rum House next week, then will be down in Sarasota for three additional weeks.

What is going to be my best bet for early morning or evening dives next week?

How are conditions expected to be next week in general?

My understanding is Ginnie isn't too cooperative with cave divers these days. Is it still possible to dive after hours, and what is the process?

Thanks,

What do you mean about Ginnie? I cave dive there all the time without issue.

Just what I've heard on SB. So far no issues this week.
Are you going to Ginnie today? I'll be there around 0800. We were there yesterday also.
9-26-23.png

What do you mean about Ginnie? I cave dive there all the time without issue.
There have been issues with o poorly trained staff not knowing the rules and not allowing annual pass holders in after hours. Especially if you arrive an hour or two before opening. Multiple people have been told they have to wait for the clubhouse to open

There have been issues with o poorly trained staff not knowing the rules and not allowing annual pass holders in after hours. Especially if you arrive an hour or two before opening. Multiple people have been told they have to wait for the clubhouse to open

Wow. Thank god I get along with Beth and I have her cell number :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom