Best motion/seasick meds for divers...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rescue Diver: The first time I used the patch, I thought the dry mouth would do me in, but Jolly Ranchers are wonderful for that. The next time I used it, it wasn't so bad. This third time, it was easily addressed with a swig of water.

Again, everyone's physiology is different.

In addition to the patch, Scopolamine is also available in 8 hour pill form called Scopace. You can control the dosage better and some claim that it works faster than the patch.

I've seen Zofran work with great success.

Prescription though. so you'll have to get your doctor to write a prescription for it. Inquire about costs and what you insurance covers beforehand though. It's not cheap.

take it the night before. (so it' will get into your system). don't wait till you get seasick, because you're just wasting your money doing that (with Zofran).

The only way to take it effectively after getting seasick is intravenous. I've seen that work great.

So what everyone is saying is, get whatever you are going to use and start the dosage to find out how it affects you. (Like, tonight). If Bonine (Meclizine) makes you vomit, you may need to change to something else like scopolamine; and a whole patch may be too much for you, so you may have to cut it in half.

Side point, if you change your scopolamine patch on the boat, please wash your hands, especially before rubbing an eye--it just causes to much excitement.

I use Bonine or Trip-Tone. You can also now get the scopalomine in pill form and is called Scopace.

Like everyone else on this thread, I get way sea sick. Bonine the night before works wonders.

Nothings going to help you this weekend. Gulf is expected to see waves from 5 to the 7 foot range. At least thats what my area is forecasted to see.

Back
Top Bottom