Best overall jacket style BCD- Scubapro vs. Oceanic vs. Bare

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Now, this is only my 2 cents worth. And keeping inline with the Original Poster.

My two cents are Only based on my 42 years of military and civilian diving experience and I stopped logging dives at 5 k.

Currently I'm only diving 3 to 4 days a week and 150 certifications and 3 IDC's last year alone, so what do I know.

I prefer Jacket style BCD's.

....and have had my fill of those that think "real and experienced" or constantly Wet divers, MUST use BP/W and Back-Inflates, NOT Jackets....

:voodoo: Sorry, Tech Posers, you just don't impress like you may think...

Until enough folks dive with AquaLung's New Axiom, most will not understand how accurate, well fitting, light and full featured a BCD can be.

The I-3 is very user friendly, yes a bit of a gadget but it works.

This said, after 2 years wearing ScubaPro's GlidePro Plus and a AquaLung Pro QD. Both very good Jacket Style BCDs.

Now, this is only my 2 cents worth. And keeping inline with the Original Poster.

My two cents are Only based on my 42 years of military and civilian diving experience and I stopped logging dives at 5 k.

Currently I'm only diving 3 to 4 days a week and 150 certifications and 3 IDC's last year alone, so what do I know.

I prefer Jacket style BCD's.

....and have had my fill of those that think "real and experienced" or constantly Wet divers, MUST use BP/W and Back-Inflates, NOT Jackets....

:voodoo: Sorry, Tech Posers, you just don't impress like you may think...

Until enough folks dive with AquaLung's New Axiom, most will not understand how accurate, well fitting, light and full featured a BCD can be.

This said, after 2 years wearing ScubaPro's GlidePro Plus and a AquaLung Pro QD. Both very good Jacket Style BCDs.

I think you just broke the entire Internet.

I couldn't agree more. I love my Axiom I3. It's amazingly comfortable, makes bouyancy changes precisely and it feels like you're not wearing a BCD.

I like the backplate & wing setup when setup with minimalism in mind. I want the backplate & wings to be like an old style Backpack with a bladder & power inflater. However, a well fitted Scubapro classic is a wonderful BC! It is the most stable in every position. In Large it has over 60lbs of lift and over half of that lift will be at your back in the horizontal position. At the surface and on your back it is unsurpassed! It is simple, rugged, stable, and rather streamlined when properly sized and not over inflated. The Classic is the only "true" jacket because it allows for air to pass around the shoulder completing a circuit so the air bubble will always be in a position that offers optimal stability & orientation. In addition because of it's high lift capacity and robust backpack the classic in Large & XL is suitable for double tanks. I use backpacks, backplates/ small wings and the classic stab jacket and the Stab jacket is my most chosen option. Weight out correctly, use a classic and keep it simple!

+1 on the BP/W. Jacket BC's are for rental fleets, not divers that hit the water with any frequency.

Don't you know you will die if you wear a poodle jacket!!! How dare you ask about a BC? Some newbee will think you are serious.

Back
Top Bottom