Best Phuket daytrips?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Agreed. My DM always tells me to swim away from the crowds upon descent in Sharks Point. In my three dives here so far, I've always managed to spot at least one docile, newbie-hating leopard shark. Most of the time, they are not actually at the mounts but some distance away towards the reef.

There were only 8 of us divers on the Sea Fun boat last year in January.. guess we lucked out!

I reckon you'll see more sharks at Phi Phi dive sites than at shark point. Leopard sharks and Black tips. Plus turtles and sea snakes.

If the sea is flat the Osprey speedboat is a great trip.

Or just go stay on Phi Phi Island for a few days, the diving is closer and cheaper and you can do daytrips down to Hin Daeng/Muang.

There's also an excellent overnight trip from Phuket to Phi Phi that includes the Shark Point, K Cruiser Wreck, Doc Mai and the Phi Phi dive sites.

On our dives in Phuket, we did enjoy the Shark Point, King Cruiser, Koh Doc Mai trip more than the Bida Nok/Bida Noi trip. Shark Point has amazing soft coral and we did see Leopard Sharks on about half of our trips there. We also saw leopard sharks at Koh Doc Mai as well. We have had very good experience with Sea Bees as a dive operator and have dove with them many times.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom