best place to go

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

weedycdragon:
Thanks for all the great info guys...i have a lot of researching to do...half the fun and i have plenty of time as i cant go until october!
I am getting really itchy fins just reading about all the great dives sites.
Thanks again

Mr. cDragon,

If you decide to check out central Philippines (the Visayas) for some dives, consider APEX. You can contact them at www.apexdiving.com You will get highly personalized attention from the dive guide while experiencing awesome dives.

--A.D.

Check out Apo Island (Paul's Diving)
It's worth at least a few days. Not much to do surface side - a little bit of hiking maybe some snorkeling. I spent 5 days just diving and really liked diving the same locations a couple of times. The currents really changed each day and the you will always see something new for sea life and nice corals. It only takes a 15 minute boat ride to get to any of the dive sites and you come back to the lodge afterwards. Inexpensive accomodation and friendly staff. A nice little adventure getting there too.

Malapascua Island
(Thresher Sharker Divers) http://www.malapascua-diving.com/index.html
A variety of dive sites - walls, wrecks and fish. Inexpensive accomodations or pricier if you prefer. Nice assortment of restaurants to choose from. Half a dozen dive shops to pick from although I would highly recommend Thresher Shark Divers - smaller operation, more individual attention and friendly staff. Andrea and Treavor used to work at Bubbles07 and finally set up their own operation. I have dived with them on three trips so far and plan to again. It takes about 2.5 hours to walk around the whole island which is relatively flat but you can take in the town's local basketball games in the afternoon.

Coron - on Basuanga Island (Northern Palawan Province)
Great WW2 wreck diving. Mostly Japanese freighters which were salvaged by the US after recapturing the islands so they are busted wide open with lots of life on them. The deepest is at about 120 feet on the bottom. Little bit bigger town than the other locations but not much to do. More vertical hiking adventure available though.

These three places don't offer a whole lot for the non-diver. Just depends on how much stimilation your friend needs to keep occupied beyond reading, sunning and swimming.

Have fun. I'm going May 19th and will be visiting Ilo Ilo and then back to Malapascua for some great diving.

Jason

happybuddha:
If you go to the next beach over from White Beach, Talipanan Beach, there is a great restaurant run by an Italian guy that does great pizza. Can't remember the name, but it is literally the last place on the beach.

drew,

i'm not sure, but if you mean Fisherman's Cove owned by Giussepe then i MUST agree! it's THE BEST italian food i have ever (and i mean EVER) tasted in this country!

Jag

Back
Top Bottom