best Sandals or Sandals type diving experience?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you are set on Sandals, try Grenada. We ave been looking into that in the background but other trips have come up. You can dive with Sandals but the diving structure is not that great IMO - dives site choice, short dives, regimen, etc. Quite a few posts on Sandals diving in general and some by me. We generally go with an offsite dive op but the cost is more. The Sandals properties will be nice. These comments are apart from the Beaches chain as they allow children.
Royal Bahamanian in Nassau is ok but the resort is tighly packed onto the property and I personally am not a fan of the diving in that area. YMMV. Good beach though but there can be alot of people. Access by bus (easy) to alot of activities in/around the city.
St. Lucia has decent but not spectacular diving and 3 resorts. We only stayed on La Toc which has become huge. Too big I think. La Toc doesn't have much of a beach but does have large pool decks and many pools.

How about Cozumel? I've never been to the AIs, but am considering Allegro and/or Occidental. Diving is great!

---------- Post added October 1st, 2015 at 08:55 AM ----------

Oh, I just 'test booked' a stay at Beaches:

3 adults + 1 child = 5753
2 adults + 2 child = 5585

Same room, same week. That's only $158 more if a teen breaks the 15yr adult requirement.

My wife and I have logged about 150 dives now. Many at Sandals. It is very safety conscious medium intensity middle class diving. I would rank St. Lucia and Grenada as tops. Nassau close behind. Turks next as very good. If you go to St. Lucia stay at the Grande. The dive crews at Emerald Bay were good and resort beautiful but the diving very average. If you are looking for white knuckle penetration or shark feeding adventures Sandals is not the place. The crowd is mostly fiftyish. We are Social Security eligible so it suits us fine. We are scheduled for our third Grenada trip in May. We have dove all the other resorts mentioned twice.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom