Best springs dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm only OW and did 3 dives at Ginnie last Halloween weekend without getting bored in the slightest. I want to get back to be honest and try out some of the diving at night. During the same trip I did Blue Grotto, only a tank and I was satisfied(but not looking to get back at this site any time soon), and Devils Den which we spent two tanks on and had fun on both dives.

I haven't been to Paradise or Blue Springs yet, but they are on my list of 'springs to do', along with a few others...

Ginnie definately has re-divability no matter what certification level you fall under.

Several of us dove springs all over the place this weekend and monday.

Blue Springs State Park near Orange City was a pretty interesting dive. Did two there and will go back again.

On Sunday, we did Devil's Den and Blue Grotto. I managed to drown my camera at DD, but it was a very pretty dive and setting.

Blue Grotto? Well, when you have to pay $18 for a Nitrox fill (and then get a short fill), deal with a stick in the mud owner (if he has a sense of humor, we certainly didn't find it).... A dock that was in my opinion, nice, but the ramp to get to it was a piece of well, you know what... Jean was also charged I believe $20 for her doubled up 50 LP tanks.. Which is in my opinion rather exorbitant.

Did Ginnie on Monday and they were the best dives in my opinion (okay, I dove there a few weeks ago and was spoiled). I will go back, since I have no real desire to be cave certified, but I would like to get my cavern certification. I shall probably go and do the training there with the store.

Of course, I also dropped a chunk of change at Ginnie on a new wing and backplate setup. Wanted one for awhile and really couldn't beat the price!

Jeff

diver doh:
...I managed to drown my camera at DD...

Jeff

Ouch! I drowned mine at Ginnie, first weekend in the water - ugh!

SuPrBuGmAn:
Ouch! I drowned mine at Ginnie, first weekend in the water - ugh!

Fortunately, the housing supplier (Fantasea) gives you a year free insurance with the housing :<)

jeff

Olympus isn't so kind, then again, the Oly housing only cost $180 - shoulda sprung for the Ikelite at the very least!

SuPrBuGmAn:
Olympus isn't so kind, then again, the Oly housing only cost $180 - shoulda sprung for the Ikelite at the very least!

Well, what the heck, we have hijacked this thread!

The Fantasea housing is also <only> $180

For the Nikon Coolpix 4300.

Whooops! I was under the impression that most of the Fantasea housings were the high-dollar $1500 bad boys!

SuPrBuGmAn:
Whooops! I was under the impression that most of the Fantasea housings were the high-dollar $1500 bad boys!

They have a line of inexpensive but highly reliable housings for the Nikon Coolpix 2100, 3100, 4100, 4300 and 885 (all under $200) that are very similiar to the Olympus housings.

I have never had so much as a drip prior to this (about 40 dives) so I don't know how I fouled up to have this happen.

When you reach up to grab the camera (very positive housing) and it's not there... and you see it plastered against your hip.... Well, I didn't even bother looking at it 'cause I knew immediately what had happened....

We all have to make a donation to the Scuba Gods once in a great while!

:<)

any of the pictures turn out?

I took 30 or so pictures, pre-flood, they were all recoverable - along with the surface pictures from the night before. I had a FC and XD card in the camera, both came out working properly. Camera = paper-weight.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom