Best time to dive Fiji

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

green

New
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
when is best time to dive Fiji.
Specifically mid August 10 day Naia’a Liveaboard vs 10 day Naia’a trip late November early December (underwater photo workshop)
I want to do the workshop but don’t want sacrifice visibility. Online info on best time is confusing. I see best time is winter May-October, but good visibility is from April/December
Can someone give me good “clear” info and guidance on this
Thanks
Gary

Specifically mid August 10 day Naia’a Liveaboard vs 10 day Naia’a trip late November early December (underwater photo workshop)
I want to do the workshop but don’t want sacrifice visibility. Online info on best time is confusing. I see best time is winter May-October, but good visibility is from April/December
Can someone give me good “clear” info and guidance on this
Thanks
Gary
I have sailed aboard Nai'a both in August (2022) and November (last week). You can expect more wind and cooler water in August, and whales are migrating through during the winter so you have a chance at hearing/seeing them. Visibility is a typically bit better in the cooler winter months as well. On this trip in November, we luckily missed an early season cyclone by just a few days. I noticed that the visibility was a bit less compared to August, but nothing dramatic. I would also recommend reading Nai'a divemaster diaries for details on the trips during the timeframes that you're interested in. You could also send them a message directly - they are very responsive to questions! Divemaster Diary - NAI'A's Blog: The Divemaster Diary

Weekends and weekdays!

I've been previously in March, which is at the tail end of the wet season (fall), and in June which is in the dry season (winter). Both were fine. March probably had a bit more rain and one day where we were blown out by a storm, but it's not that bad because they get their rainfall in a very short period of time (it rains hard). Visibility similar in both cases, maybe like 60-80 feet average. Note, Fiji is not the place to go for world class visibility. There's current everywhere and will always be some amount of stuff in the water regardless of season.

I'm about to go the first half of January in 2024, so I'll soon know what the middle of the wet season/summer is like. Expecting it to be a bit warmer well into the 80's during the day, more rain, but hopefully no cyclones. Maybe slightly worse vis, we'll see.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom