Best Way to Get to Utila

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kent_1848

Reaction score
And by best, I mean easiest, and fastest. I can't imagine price is going to be too much different, and in fact the price isn't really a concern for me at this point. I'm going to be staying with a friend, and he had an interesting experience getting there. If I was going to stay for good, I wouldn't really care how I got there. I want to arrive the same day that I leave Kansas City (MCI) if possible.

Thanks,
Kent

Go to travelocity.com and check for flights from MCI to RTB (Roatán), SAP (San Pedro Sula), or TGU (Tegucigalpa); from any of them you can fly to Utila by local flights. The local airline websites are linked on this site: www.cocopando.com . Have a great trip.

You didn't mention what day you're traveling, which can make a difference in your route but some genral info is:

Saturdays:
CO: Has 2 direct flights from Houston into Roatan, where you can catch Atlantic Air into Utila.
DELTA: Has a direct flight from Atlanta into Roatan, where you can catch Atlantic into Utila.
TACA: Has a direct flight Houston into Roatan, but I think it gets in too late for the connecting flights? Anybody with intel on this?

SUNDAY: Taca has a direct flight Miami into Roatan, but there are no connecting flights to Utila on Sunday's. There is however, a charter service on a Cessna called 'Roatan Air'. They can be booked through Maya Carribbean in San Pedro Sula.

WEEKLY:
CO has a direct flight from Houston to San Pedro Sula & American has a direct flight from Miami into San Pedro Sula. Sosa & Atlantic can get you to Utila from there, but it is a connection through La Ceiba, so an extra stop.

Sosa also has flights from Roatan to Utila as an alternate to Atlantic, but check the timing because it's a tight connection with some of the Roatan jets, and clearing customs & Img is an 'interesting' experience.

I always cheat & fly into Houston the night before, have dinner with friends, then board the jet fresh in the morning... but that's just me.

Hope the info helps. Hear CO & Delta are may have put on more flights, so check their time tables. Airport designations are RTB & SAP for roatan & San Pedro.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom