Best zoom available

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bruce,

There is a thread on wetpixel showing the range of the 12-50 by itself with no diopters. There is a lovely scenic of a reef with an anemone, and then a macro shot of a tiny spider crab that is inside the anemone. I think it will blow you away once you check it out and your mind will be made up.
Got a link to that thread? I'm curious to see the image. Thanks

Are you guys talking about above water or underwater?
I have both the epl2 and the em5. I have the olympus housing for the epl2, no housing for em5.
Yes, the em5 is much easier to use above water and I really like the feel of it. I did have Nikon a D50, then D7000 so the viewfinder of the em5 is very nice and makes it much easier to shoot than the epl2 on land. Also, the control wheels are nice.
But for underwater, I've never used a viewfinder. Was P&S first, then epl2.
I'm kind of wondering if I should house the em5 or go for the epl5.
But, I'm also thinking of just keeping the epl2 as my UW rig for the next couple of years and adding the 60mm macro to go along with my 9-18 & Zen port. I'm still really happy with the epl2 underwater.

I have not used my E-M5 underwater (can't get ports), but see well through the EVF with my mask on. There is also an optional angled viewfinder which, while expensive, is reported to work very well.

No underwater chimping! :wink:

Back
Top Bottom