Betrayed and Bewildered

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Welcome to reading labels 101.. What they mean is the lemon juice they use is 100% lemons.. There are many many products out there that do similar deceptive marketing. Orange Juice does the same..

Where is this? Neither the EPA "list of lists" nor 40 CFR 355 show anything (as either sodium metabisulfite or sodium pyrosulfite) and the only references in the CFR are in title 21 (FDA - considered safe).
Type "sodium metabisulfite" into google, and, as always, you will get a couple sentences featured from a random site. This one comes from nj.gov.

Here is the entire blurb Google gives:
Sodium Metabisulfite is a white powder with a light odor of rotten eggs. It is used as a preservative in pharmaceuticals and foods. REASON FOR CITATION. * Sodium Metabisulfite is on the Hazardous Substance List because it is cited by ACGIH, DOT, NIOSH and IARC.​

Maybe your definitions of "real", "lemon", "juice", "100%"… are just like, your opinion, man :)

Yep..... especially when listening to Credence in a beach community where the rug really brings the room together...

PS. "This is not Viet Nam...... This is bowling. We have rules here."

Who buys lemon juice in a plastic bottle?

I guess me and a few million other folks..... :)

Believe it or not we now have Costco in NZ now (yes, we are 50 years behind). Wife bought some "natural vanilla extract". Same deal, it appears that very little of the product is actual vanilla extract. We are not health freaks, but the labelling is misleading. Of course, it's not limited to Costco.

IMG-8791.jpg

IMG-8792.jpg

That's Vanilla syrup .... :eek:

The "Pure Vanilla Extract" that I get from Costco here is: "Pure Vanilla Extractitives in Water, Alchohol (35%)" - OK stuff.

Unfortunately, the company was sold from my Cousin's family, but they used to give us real top-shelf extract. Amazing seeing it come in as meter-cube crates of vanilla beans. HEAVENLY scent!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom