Beuchat regs?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a Beauchat - well, actually it belongs to my bride... It's 13 years old and works like a champ. Only disadvantage is that our current shop doesn't carry 'em so maintenance is a pain - special order for the kit & such.
When it comes to regulators, there are very few "bad" ones - but being able to get service in a hurry is important - so generally it's best to get something your shop can fix.
Rick

I agree with Rick. I have had many a heated debate about the finer points of high end regs. but there aren't many bad regs out there. It might be due to the fact that there aren't that many manufacturer's anymore. Dacor is owned by Mares. Aqualung and Apeks and SeaQuest are all working together. There seems to have been a lot of consolidation in the dive industry in the past couple of years. Short term this is nice for interchanging of parts and costs go down. But in the long run it results in less inovation and increased prices. Simple economics. Scuba diving is becoming a mature industry. Perhaps in another 10-15 years there will be only rebreathers.

I have heard many good things about the Beuchat Iceberg and it's reliability in cold water.

It is nice to have your local shop be an authorized center to repair your reg in an emergency but I usually ship mine out for yearly maintenance. It's actually cheaper to send them to someone than to have them servieded by the local dive shop.

I have a Beuchat VX10 Evolution 1st stage with a matching Beuchat Evolution 2nd. Breathes easy, even deep and at high demand.

Finding a dealer for service can be difficult in some areas in the US, but I noticed better dealer coverage in Europe. As others have said, you may need to ship a reg for service.

Mr. Bubbles,
..........to quickly advise you, I own a BEUCHAT VX-10 ICEBERG and it works flawlessly at either shallow or deep depths. As far as getting it serviced don't worry too much about it. You can always send it in to someone or you can ALWAYS find diligent people to service it for you. I have heard stories from "other" divers having their better known brands such as Scubapro, Apex, etc......., serviced to only later FIND out that nothing had been done. On these days no one can even TRUST their own LDS's.

So if you are deciding on a Beuchat get one because you will not regret it.

Scubakid

A buddy has two Beuchat VX-10 Icebergs and took them into the LDS for servicing/O2 cleaning (I know-don't even start with the chicken)....

On a bubble check I noticed one of his first stages was leaking at the DIN connector/body interface...

No problem... I've got allen wrenches.... we tried to tightened it up... it was tight but still leaked... we tried to take it apart... VERY tight!!!

Hmmmm... took it home and put it in the vice and TOOK it apart...
Criminey... the threads had Locktite on them!!!!
:fury:

Dog gone LDS shop monkey (later fired btw) had muffed it up but good.... The chrome plating on the sealing surfaces of the o-ring groove was barked off!!! :grrr: no way would it seal!!!

The reg was sent off to the distributor and we'll see what they will do...

That said... the Icebergs both worked excellently and he is going to retire them to stage/deco bottles now that he has the *correct* back gas regulators :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom