Snorkeling vs Diving wetsuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Perozdero

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi Everyone,

I am looking for a 2-3mm Shorty or full wetsuit that I will use when I travel to do warm water diving (probably 1-2 a year for 1-2 weeks). My idea was not to spend a lot of money and get something cheap as it will rarely used. Looking online I see wetsuits for <100 euro like:

Mares Manta
SEAC Carezza or Relax
Cressi Endurance
Beuchat Atoll

But even though they are sold by dive shops on the manufacturer's websites they are mentioned as "snorkeling" wetsuits. Can these be used for scuba?

I have a 3mm full wetsuit bought at Decathlon some years ago, and branded Triboard (now they sell a similar one branded Subea, which ibdtead is "for scuba").
The Tribord is designed for surfing et similia.
I used it here in the Mediterranean during summer, down to 35m max.
Albeit it compresses slightly more than a suit devoted to scuba diving, the additional loss of buoyancy is truly negligible.
On the other hand, it is more soft and stretchy, easy to get on and off, and the one-piece arrangment with dorsal zip is very comfortable.
It costed 79 eur...
When water get colder I add a "shorty" undergarment with integrated hood (2mm), and neoprene socks.
Here the Tribord:

Here the Subea:

Hi Angelo,

Thanks I found the Subea here as well. Do you think this would be better than the Manta or Seac for around the same price?

Hi Angelo,

Thanks I found the Subea here as well. Do you think this would be better than the Manta or Seac for around the same price?

I do not know these other two, so I cannot compare.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom