BH Notes 1/22-23

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Keep in mind that students are rather overwhelmed by the whole first time diving experience. I don't blame them for where they setup, or really even poor/unconscience behavior. I can easily remember how focused I was on just having my act somewhat together doing OW training.

The instructors OTOH are more to blame. They seem intent on doing as little walking to the BH entrance as possible when geared up. So they all compete for the space at the entrance, and are often in the way of anyone who has to walk through their mess.

I suppose it is all good. I am hoping that when Santa Rosa get's their act together (is that possible?) that we all still enjoy the situation.

I have to wonder how it all will work out. Carrying all of my junk including things like grills and coolers, chairs, tarps, etc. not to mention the dive equipment through the new center sounds like a disaster when you multiply that X100 divers.

We shall see...

I have not seen any signs of fencing in the hole, which would be required to force everyone to march through the dive center. Nor do I see duplicate doors required to control traffic in that manner in the dive center. It would be even more complicated if they want to still have access for tourist stopping by for a peek.

I am hoping they will continue to run it the same as always with maybe a bit more enforcement on the dive passes and swimmers. Inertia is in our favor.

Compared to the contorted access of many dive sites, walking around some tarps is not exactly a challenge for most of us.

I have wheeled my doubles over the middle of the tarps - when confronted with strange looks, I replied - there was no path. A path appeared. It was almost biblical!:D

I suppose that is how I have yelled in the past.

Hey RMOs!

I got a letter from Santa Rosa yesterday explaining what is going on with the the "BH Dive Training & Conference Center". Open house from 1/14 through 1/22 and the official opening, with ribbon cutting, sometime in March.

Perfect timing for me as I'll probably be rolling back through sometime in April. I've got my Annual Dive Permit application in the mail and it looks like that is how they plan on funding the place, sounds good to me!

It'll be fun to see how it all looks when I get back out there!

Looks like annual permits are staying $25, Instructor at $50, dive shop with 5 Inst permits at $100, and weekly permits will go from $8 to $10 in April.

I wonder why an Inst has to pay $50 when students still have to pay like other divers?

Looks like annual permits are staying $25, Instructor at $50, dive shop with 5 Inst permits at $100, and weekly permits will go from $8 to $10 in April.

I wonder why an Inst has to pay $50 when students still have to pay like other divers?

Cause the instructors are the ones setting up the giant tarps:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom