Biggest Dive Knife Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

james croft

Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, I've heard it a million times. A dive knfe is a tool.
Okay, now that we have put that aside I am interested in identifying the gnarliest hose-cutting, shark-stabbing, Spectre-slashing dive knife around. I remember a BFK made by Wenoka probably 30 years ago that had a handle that had a lot of knobs and protrusions on it with a chrome plated end cap on it that Jim Bowie would have liked. Does that ring any bells with anyone or does anybody know of any similar blades ?
I am interested in identifying some of the biggest blades out there. Any info would be appreciated.

Years ago I used a DaCor with a 7.5 inch blade. The entire knife must have been a foot long. The pommel was SS and could be removed to disassemble the knife for cleaning. It was soooooo cool. Unless someone found it, it's still in a spring in FL.

I use a AMF Swimaster, it's 12" long with a 7" stainless steel blade. The blade has saw teeth, line cutting notch, inch markings and double edge tip.The handle is orange with a big butt plate for pounding things. It is so heavy I can remove lead from my belt. It's one BMF. No prissy little fingernail scraper knifes for me.

This knife was only made for 1 yr. 121/4 long w 71/2 blade. Wish I had saved the original box as the one in the picture.
buckmasterlt_01a.jpg

The one I remember had a blade about 12" not counting the handle. I have seen a lot of 7-8" blades. I own a couple, including some military models such as the Mark 3 Mod 0. I know some of the old shellbacks out there have the Binford 2000 model that allows you to shed about 6 pounds of your weight belt.n The bigger, the better.

USD Sea Hawk, over a foot long. Use it as an anchor for your boat, sends great white sharks running for fear, chops hoses in two--no sweat. Makes all the DIR sorts with their butter knives sweat tears and mumble about D rings and some kinda overly long hoses.

A tool, who told you that, a proper knife is a WEAPON, if you can peel an orange with it also, cool. N

you might be thinking of an old sea master knife. It has a chrome plated end cap and the blade is about 5 inches long, it is about 12 inches long counting the grip and all. They are hard to come by now, but they are really good knifes with a good strong blade on them.

Evil :bgmad:

superstar:
I use a AMF Swimaster, it's 12" long with a 7" stainless steel blade. The blade has saw teeth, line cutting notch, inch markings and double edge tip.The handle is orange with a big butt plate for pounding things. It is so heavy I can remove lead from my belt.

I've got one of those things! I use it in confined water to terrify students. I make them refer to it by name, and its name is "The Mother". As in The Mother of All Knives.:D

evilbacon:
you might be thinking of an old sea master knife. It has a chrome plated end cap and the blade is about 5 inches long, it is about 12 inches long counting the grip and all. They are hard to come by now, but they are really good knifes with a good strong blade on them.

Evil :bgmad:
No. I have the Seamaster. I bought one for my wife as a wedding present. It looks like a toothpick compared to the old Wenoka I remember. I believe the blade was around 12' not counting the handle. The handle had knob like protrusions like an underwater mine or some sort of sinister marital aid. It was topped of by a large chrome tank banger. What I remember most about it was the owner telling me he had an even bigger knife at home. Kinda reminds me of Crocodile Dundee saying " thats not a knife. Now this is a knife."

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom