Biofluorescent video and GC East End trip report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LarsB, that is great info. The author of that article has a webpage with more info as well.
Steffen Beyer - Fluopedia

I've found my best results have been with the Rosco dichroic filters meduim red blue #34600 for excitation, and yellow # 35200 for the camera. The woods glass filter has a nice effect with enough lumens pushing it, and lessens the need for filtered viewing, but you need less lumens with the red blue as well as the red blue works well with white led lights.

LarsB, that is great info. The author of that article has a webpage with more info as well.
Steffen Beyer - Fluopedia

I've found my best results have been with the Rosco dichroic filters meduim red blue #34600 for excitation, and yellow # 35200 for the camera. The woods glass filter has a nice effect with enough lumens pushing it, and lessens the need for filtered viewing, but you need less lumens with the red blue as well as the red blue works well with white led lights.

Thanks a lot for the kudos and your info!

See http://translate.google.nl/translat...ogie_der_Unterwasser-Fluoreszenz_story72.html for a Google translation of the sequel to the above article (http://www.firedivegear.com/publications/english/introduction/), which delves more deeply into the biology of underwater fluorescence.

Last edited:

---------- Post added October 11th, 2013 at 07:43 PM ----------

Diving off Cayman Brac after dark many bio luminescent are available to photograph. You still have to get lucky though because this is one of few that ever turned out good.

Back
Top Bottom