Blackbeard Cruises?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I got smart and decided to just do it.
I booked for Nov 15th. All the signs were pointing in the right direction, and when I logged onto AirTran.com and saw a one way flight to Ft Lauderdale for $45, THEN saw a really good price for a hotel in South Beach, I saw that as an omen. :)

Yay. I'm going diving. :dance:
Life is just brighter when you have a plane ticket waiting for you.

Yeah SueMermaid, got confirmation in the mail today for myslef and girlfriend for the same week. It will be or first blackbeard trip and my girlfriend's first dives in the ocean. Can't wait.

I just booked for the first week of February of 2004.I am going with a 10 person group from my LDS. I had a friend that went in february last year and they had a great time,but I dont know from experience. The only time ive been is in october. Oh and you at least have to take a walk down south beach! I think Blackbeards is going to turn into an annual event for us.

WooHoo , I cant wait!!

A few years ago. Pirate Lady was the boat. Like most of the posts its a little cramped, a little like camping, but lots and lots of diving. I went as a single and had no problems. Our sail from Miami to Bimini was in a terrific thunderstorm for 6 hours. Most of the crew, and passengers puked their respective guts out on that ride! The rest of the week was perfect. Go and enjoy!

kallcron once bubbled...
Yeah SueMermaid, got confirmation in the mail today for myslef and girlfriend for the same week. It will be or first blackbeard trip and my girlfriend's first dives in the ocean. Can't wait.
You mean you booked the same week as me?! Cool! :thumb:

Any one else on this board going to be celebrating Thanksgiving on Blackbeard? I know, it's a little bit backward - celebrating by sailing away from the East Coast, rather than celebrating arriving/spending a year on the East Coast! But it seemed like more fun than the usual assortment of dry turkey, uninteresting stuffing, overcooked vegetables, and relatives pretending that they baked an obviously store-bought pie (i.e., disposable aluminum pan, no visual irregularities, nondescript uniformity of taste). Or maybe the perfect opportunity to transform a morning catch into Thanksgiving sushi!! Anyone else going out that week?

What a relief to know that Blackbeards gets good reviews!! on a whim and without much investigation, I booked for Dec 26 - Jan 2. Happy new year to me! can anyone recommend a decent hotel near the port? any suggestions on what to pack? I've sailed alot -- know about minimal packing but don't know what to expect weather wise or activity wise.

SueMermaid once bubbled...
You mean you booked the same week as me?! Cool! :thumb:

i dont know if yall would like to be together or not but if you do, call down there and tell them to be sure and put yall on the same boat. they have 3 boats that will all leave at the same time but wont stay together. if you call them and tell them to put yall together they will make sure you are on the same boat.

steve

For sure... Talk to Beth, she'll try to take care of you. It's not too late, they rarely have the ships manifest in order until just before the trips.

I've been on 3 trips, what a great operation.

For local hotels, I like http://www.edison-hotel.com/

Right in the heart of south beach and can usually be had for a good price. Great place, bring your ear plugs.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom