Blackbeards Cruise to the Bahamas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dive Monkey

Registered
Reaction score
Going out on the Blackbeards Cruise to the Bahamas in a couple of weeks with a nice size group. Any helpful hints, words of wisdom, things I should watch out for, etc.

Later,
DM

Dive Monkey:
Going out on the Blackbeards Cruise to the Bahamas in a couple of weeks with a nice size group. Any helpful hints, words of wisdom, things I should watch out for, etc.
DM

My Dear Dive Minkey- I would "watch out" for the rest of that "nice size group".

Blackbeards can become quite a tribal affair.

"Familiarity breeds" so said Frank Zappa

And, on Blackbeards, everyone that is so inclined can watch. :crafty:

Take clothes pins.
Rick

RoatanMan:
My Dear Dive Minkey- I would "watch out" for the rest of that "nice size group".

Blackbeards can become quite a tribal affair.

"Familiarity breeds" so said Frank Zappa

And, on Blackbeards, everyone that is so inclined can watch. :crafty:

Well RoatanMan it is a good thing I am leading the nice size group. And if they are so inclined to watch hopefully they will learn something :11:

Later,
DM

i tell everyone this that is going on Blackbeards for the 1st time. i wish i had of known when i took my trip with them. take a cushion to sit on when your up on deck which will be a lot of the time. the hard benches get real hard by the end of your trip.

steve

You lucky person, you!
What they said about clothes pins, and about a seat cushion. Sunblock is good, as well as seasick meds, and I went in NOV and wished I had brought a 7mm shorty with me.
I brought an envelope with 15% of the trip total in it, and gave it to the captain at the end of the trip. Pretty much everyone did that the week I was there. They do a fantastic job, and deserve that at the very least.

Have fun! It's an awesome time, it is. :D

May be obvious, but:
Camera--the photo ops are awesome!
SMB--you will be diving in some current, and it is conceivable that you would end up away from the boat.
Warm clothes--it really does get cool at night, especially after 4 or 5 dives; sweatsuit or good jacket.
Dive hood--same reason.

Have fun. We had a fabulous time there last week!

theskull

I wished I had two more towels with me and half as much clothing....I just didn't need that much since you're basically in your bathing suits the whole time.

So, three towels, a couple pairs of shorts, a couple t-shirts...something somewhat nicer for Bimini (if you're so inclined....you'd be fine in shorts and t-shirts). And lots of clothespins. :)

Have a great time!

Peace,
Cathie

DM,

I have been on three trips with them, and am going on my fourth in July. I love the experience! :jump013:

A good attitude is one of the most important things you can bring, but it sounds like you are well on the way by getting as much information as you can.

I feel bad for the people who go thinking it is some type of luxury cruise.

You can expect: Tons of diving, awesome sunrises and sunsets, stars without all the light polution, good food, and a great crew.

It is sort of a culture shock to go back to civilization after being on the boat for a week.

Start taking your seasick meds a couple days before you leave, the crossing from Miami can be rough, once in a while you get lucky, but it usually takes a day or so to get your sealegs. Better safe than chumming. :wink: I have been successful with Bonine, :eyebrow: so far...

As the other people said clothes pins are important, I think I would try to find some heavier spring clips for wetsuits too.

Rain gear or at least a rain coat, is nice to have.

A large insulated non-slip mug, preferably with a wide base, is definately a good thing to bring.

No toilet paper in the head, babywipes can be nice thing to have as well.

I tend to overpack a bit, because I like to be able to put on a clean t-shirt and shorts at the end of the day, however since space is usually at a premium, I end up sleeping with all that stuff. :D

Blackbeard's is pretty hard to beat for the money.

Have a great trip!

Ken

Take more clothes pins......

Take some foul weather gear......the crossing can be quite wet if you are inclined to stay up on deck....

jbm

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom