Blackbeard's in December

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

12voltman

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Just wondering if anyone is going to be doing a Blackbeard trip this month? I've been before, but still haven't decided to book for this month as I have another possibility. Anyone on the board know anyone going this month?

thanks
12v

I have done it in November. Water was 77-78 degrees. Probably about the same in Dec. (In October this year water was 84-86 degrees.) Try to get on Pirate's Lady with Captain Jay and chef Ron. They are the best.

We did a Blackbeard's trip 2 weeks ago and the conditions were outstanding. You'll want that 3/2 full wetsuit during your dives and a sweatshirt for the evenings, but it was otherwise fantastic. Strongly recommend the current team on Pirate's Lady (Capt. Paul is very good; Grayson & Chris were good DMs; and Ron was a super chef). We got in 2 shark dives - one with a feeding, one without; and Fido, a nurse shark, sticks around to be petted by the divers!!

Go for it!

Does it matter what berth you get? Do you reserve a berth or is it first come first serve? I will be with my wife/dive buddy.

thks

Texasdiver2 once bubbled...
Does it matter what berth you get? Do you reserve a berth or is it first come first serve? I will be with my wife/dive buddy.

thks

they pre-assign which one you will get. when you 1st get there they will tell you which one is yours. at least thats how they did on the trip i was on.

steve

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom