Blacktip Settings Changes Help Needed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Capt Jim Wyatt

Hanging at the 10 Foot Stop
Staff member
ScubaBoard Business Sponsor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
I am attempting to change some of the settings on the Blacktip DPV. The VESC tool will not connect to the DPV.
The proper cable is being used. Apparently my laptop is not recognizing the DPV and I am not sure what to do next...??
Serial # begins with 002 - Firmware is George 0.4

Any help appreciated.

BT.jpg
BT2.jpg

BT3.jpg
BT4.jpg

I was able to fix it.
It took three different cables before I found one that would connect.

Disabling safe start?

Hi Jim,
I haven't tried it yet, but just so I know, the cable you had to try three times is the connecting cable from inside the drown itself to your laptop?

The cable is a Micro USB (Male) to USB (Male) Cable that connects to the DPV and to your Windows PC.
The instructions are here

I used three different cables before I was able to get a connection between the DPV and the PC. Apparently some of those type cables are only suitable for charging -- the one that ended up working was designed for data transfer.

@Manatee Diver I also made the default startup speed "FOUR". ($d4 )
Lastly I made the Migrate Rate 1,000,000. ($m1000000)

Migrate Rate:

When you restart the scooter after releasing the trigger, the scooter resumes at a slower speed based on the time off the trigger. The longer the trigger is off, the closer the resumed speed gets to the default gear. This setting controls how fast the speed changes. Value is in milliseconds per gear.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom