using Blacktip firmware in Sierra

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tawaki

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I decided to give new life to the old Dive X Sierra. I am a fairly new VESC user.

Firmware I'm trying to use GitHub - bwoodill/BT_VESC: VESC firmware for Blacktip DPV with added features. This firmware allows current levels to be set higher than recommended by the manufacturer which could result in damage to the motor. Please be careful if increasing limits

I installed the VESC controller, but the control seems to behave a little strangely.

I know the firmware has a cruise mode, but I'm pretty sure it's off. For some reason, the control does not work like with the old controller, but always seems to go into cruise mode with a double click.

Can someone help if there is a setting in the VESC, that affects the operation of the reed switch so that the engine does not stay on when the switch is held down.

v2.3_george_0.4.zip I have Flipsky 6.7pro mini VESC

It should work, I'm running a modified firmware in my cuda.
I suspect it's something with the Reed switch wiring itself. They're setup a bit different than typical.

With the trigger off, the Reed switch is on/closed.

v2.3_george_0.4.zip I have Flipsky 6.7pro mini VESC
Have you typed cmd $$ and see the version is 2.3?
Could you share the screenshot after type in cmd $$?

Following because I bought the same VESC but have not tried this yet. Tawaki or Whitrzac do you have any guidance on what all is involved in changing the setting of the firmware to work with the Sierra? I plan to just run it with 2 20volt PTB's.

Have you typed cmd $$ and see the version is 2.3?
Could you share the screenshot after type in cmd $$?
1701294382625.png

Following because I bought the same VESC but have not tried this yet. Tawaki or Whitrzac do you have any guidance on what all is involved in changing the setting of the firmware to work with the Sierra? I plan to just run it with 2 20volt PTB's.
According to my understanding, the most relevant settings should be defined for the engine, and of course the information about the battery voltage used is essential.

Unfortunately, I'm still in the early stages and haven't been able to test the solution in water yet.

I ended up installing a temperature sensor in the engine so that the VESC stops the situation in case of overheating. (Hopefully I don't burn the engine in this exercise).

Hopefully Whitrzac or someone else can help with more experience. I will report back when I get some results in my own project.

Seems version is correct.
Could you tpye $l1 and $l8 and click twice to reproduce entry cruise behavior?

Seems version is correct.
Could you tpye $l1 and $l8 and click twice to reproduce entry cruise behavior?
1701368827745.png

Thanks for help. How could I be looking at the wiring diagram so badly wrong. Two cables were the wrong way around. The logs helped to understand it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom