Blast From The Past

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bmorescuba

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
In researching a class on new Google Tools that I'm teaching today, I came across this article:

Popular Science - Google Books

Quite a blast. I was certified twice - once when I was very young in the early 80s. I remember having to do a ditch and don exercise. When I got re-certified later (when I had money to travel) that requirement was nowhere to be found. Ah, the old days!

See You in Coz!

I was certified in 1985 and we did ditch and don exercises too, and I did them for fun. I have no idea what current curriculum looks like.

there was lots of stuff we had to do "back in the day" (for me that was 22 years ago). Now they just sell it as another certification.....

I was recently certified by IANTD and we had to ditch, don, retrieve gear at depth and buddy breath just to mention a few. More skills in class made me feel more at home in the water.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom