Blood from nose

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Don't know if this is your situation, but my nose has a tendency to dry out and bleed. A couple sniffs of saline spray before diving does the trick for me.

RobbieTheHun:
I have been noticing recently that upon surfacing I have blood in my mask from my nose. I ascend very conservatively, no more than 1 foot/second. There is no pain, it just feels like I have popped a couple of small blood vessels, What could it be?

RTH

imho checking with DAN is in order :wink:

fda483:
Happens to me a lot especially on deeper dives. Fixed it by changing to a black mask - got tired of hearing about it.
:lol: Mine bleeds too. An instructor told me it's because I have small eustachian tubes. I do take sudafed and I sometimes have trouble equalizing. But now, it seems that even if I don't have any trouble equalizing, my nose still bleeds a little. And after traveling to and from Thailand, it was the worst. I kept getting nose bleeds for the first day after landing in Phuket without any diving from the dry air on the plane. I think I'm gonna get me some of that saline solution.

I also had problems with bleeding and figured it was allergy/sinus related. 2 years ago had my sinuses augered out and the bleeding went away.

Now I'm not suggesting that you get knocked semi-unconcious, have a Doctor hovering over you shoving a drill bit up your nose...

But it worked for me.

Haaaaaaa
Iruka:
With a black mask, nobody can SEE that you have blood in your mask.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Many thanks for your advise, I think I will give DAN a call, just to be on the safe side.

RTH

mnfsh:
I also had problems with bleeding and figured it was allergy/sinus related. 2 years ago had my sinuses augered out and the bleeding went away.

Now I'm not suggesting that you get knocked semi-unconcious, have a Doctor hovering over you shoving a drill bit up your nose...

But it worked for me.

My hat goes off to you--they had to knock me completely out!

my nose bleeds on dives too, i had it explained to me as some people just bleed from their nose. Being a nurse i would guess that some people have blood vessels closer to the surface then others. black mask is a good idea! but if your really worried about it and having severe pain or trouble equalizing id get it checked out

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom