Blue Angel and Chac Mool Trip Report, Mid March 2012 (Warning: Its long)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would use the AC early evening till about 9 or 10pm, then shut it off and open the sliding glass door all the way.
Just love the sound of the waves and the occassional rain at night.
Closing the bathroom door reduced the noise quite a bit.
I'm a very light sleeper, and was very concerned about the road noise, but it turned out to be ok.

Thanks for the detailed report.

These accurate reports (both good and bad) sure help set the expectations for all of us. Nothing worse than having too high of an expectation, than being disappointed.

Does anyone else wish every dive destination had a Blue Angel franchise? Wouldn't it be nice to have a clean, friendly, reasonably-priced hotel on the water with an on-site dive shop and decent restaurant everywhere we go????

Most hotels don't have you right on the water, or if you are it sure costs $$$ to get that room. This was what prompted us to try BA this year. Sometimes I would think about how cool it would be to run or own a hotel like that. Then I remember that it is a whole lot of work, and when I retire I'm supposed to be doing less work and more play, not getting tied down and dealing with employees and property management headaches.

It seemed more quiet this year, almost like more of the scooters had better mufflers or something. Last year at Casa Deja Blue the loud scooters could wake me up from a dead sleep. None of that this year, but it seemed improved even in town. Probably just me getting used to it.

I was confused about the purpose of a large red bucket on the sidewalk just above the rinse tanks. Myself and another photographer on our boat thought it was a camera bucket, as most boats/shops/resorts we've stayed at in the past had a dedicated camera rinse bucket. We put our cameras in the bucket during rinsing, and a fellow got upset and stated his gear was in the bucket. Next day, same thing, so my boat partner asked the desk about it. Shortly after "Cameras Only" was stenciled via Sharpie on the bucket. Day after that a second red bucket appeared, again with the fellow's gear. He was there on a long visit, something along the lines of six weeks, so I've wondered if he had purchased the bucket or asked for it as part of his long term stay. I still don't know if we had imposed on him or if he was imposing on us. Either way we both were taken care of.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom