Blue Heron Blvd Bridge Diving Yesterday

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

:laughing: I was just thinking that fence might be there for a reason or two, I dont wanna swim in a great concentrated amount of human feces. ScubaKevDM has a really great picture somewhere that just makes you kinda think about it. (it's pretty nasty) I figure I'd just wait until a few more brave souls check it out. I'm gonna hold off as long as I can stand it, I sure do miss hoping in the car and heading down there, for nice easy FREE dive. I always end up finding something new. Hopefully it wont be tooooo much longer :)

baitedstorm:
:laughing: I was just thinking that fence might be there for a reason or two, I dont wanna swim in a great concentrated amount of human feces. ScubaKevDM has a really great picture somewhere that just makes you kinda think about it. (it's pretty nasty) I figure I'd just wait until a few more brave souls check it out. I'm gonna hold off as long as I can stand it, I sure do miss hoping in the car and heading down there, for nice easy FREE dive. I always end up finding something new. Hopefully it wont be tooooo much longer :)

I think that the fecal matter has been resolved for some time. (I crack myself up) It is my understanding that it was only an issue while the sewage treatment plant was without power. However, I am of the opinion that there are quite a few DS's that would at a minimum issue a citation for diving there though so I'm staying out, at least via Phil Foster. The new wrecks sound cool, maybe they'll leave them.

Frogman48:
Doug,
Did you have any problems with the local constabulary while at the bridge? From what I have overheard, they are trying to keep all divers away from diving at Phil Foster Park. Several diver acquaintances have told me about negative run-ins with the sheriffs and park rangers when they tried to use the boat ramp area as a shore entrance in the past few weeks.

Frogman i have launched my boat out of that park probley 4-5 time's,. since the hurricanes and had no problem's with anyone telling us we couldn't launch the boat, but we did see them there everytime we launched.

I don;t know about the diving under the bridge though, all though we have seen a few dive flag's a few times while navigating out to the inlet .

We were there today, the fence is still up and the Coppers are still hanging out in the parking lot. No troubles putting a boat in the water though.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom