Blue Heron Bridge Trolls III

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It sounds like vis was so bad yesterday that people didn't even get in the water. Can anyone here confirm?

I'm hearing 12-15 for tonights dive. Yes, I heard the viz has been close to pea soup the past couple days.

water was blue coming in inlet this evening, but it was cloudy. Had about 12-15 ft vis just inside the inlet today.

Dived today. Viz was hazy 15 with a pretty good current.

Dived at the bridge the past 2 days. Both days went west. Today a bit more crowded than yesterday. We get in, drop down in the shallows looking for the tiny striated froggy. My buddy finds it. Maybe 1/4". I find a super small dwarf froggy. Smallest I've ever seen, made the striated look big! Suddenly all kinds of commotion.. wha...????? A group of 10 divers is on top of us on the surface. Total Chaos! One diver was all tangled up in my flag. 2 divers dropped in with scooters almost hitting my buddies. Total CF!!! I look at the divers, and it's hard to tell if they are a class or just a big group. We got away from them as fast as we could.. took me a few minutes to get my zen back.
Otherwise great dives! Today at least 6 dwarf froggies, 1 seahorse, few pipefish, and some nudis..
Yesterday was less froggies, more seahorses, squid, spotted eagle ray.

I visited BHB my first time yesterday and even if it was hazy, it was excellent! My mission was to see a seahorse and I guess I didn't look in the right spot but I got to see a couple of spotted moray's so that was fun!

It is definitely a trek up there, though!

You live near me.. and yeah, it's a trek. Hopefully you were not one of those in that group!!! What a mess! No concern for other divers!

@Scuba_Jenny, when we were there in January, there were so many groups going in via the East end of the swimming area that the dive flags looked like a battlefield. Once we got in though, I only saw divers from another group or the “effect” of their passing one time. BHB is bigger than it appears at first, isn’t it?
🐸

You live near me.. and yeah, it's a trek. Hopefully you were not one of those in that group!!! What a mess! No concern for other divers!
No ma'am. I was with just one buddy. I did see some folks heading east on a scooter as we were heading west. Yesterday was certainly crowded and we were just trying to stay away and look at little critters.

I visited BHB my first time yesterday and even if it was hazy, it was excellent! My mission was to see a seahorse and I guess I didn't look in the right spot but I got to see a couple of spotted moray's so that was fun!

It is definitely a trek up there, though!
You should ask the dirty finned scuba goddess to show you where the sea horses hang out. She knows the area better than I know my back yard.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom