Blue Heron Bridge Trolls III

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I stopped by my LDS at lunch today. They joked asking if I was going diving soon. They had very little traffic in the shop. It's usually busy in there at lunch. The weather must be impacting the local dive businesses pretty hard. If the lack of posts here is any indication...

Total blow-out going on three weeks now. Even BHB is terrible due to everything being stirred up. Hope to get some diving in as soon as the weather calms down . . .

Bummer, we've got a non-refundable trip in place from up north this Friday and Saturday. If the bridge is a no-go, we were going to try some shore sites, like LBTS or Dania Beach. But I'm worried those might be washed out too. Plan C would be to try and get on a boat or drive down to the Keys.

I've heard it is a little better in the Keys, not much, but some. I would check with ops in Key Largo. As for the end of week forecast:

LBTS--forget it.

Bridge--was very bad (as in ZERO FEET) as of yesterday, doubt it will clear much by Friday as seas remain high through end of week, which stirs up sand, which comes on the tide to the bridge.

Boats along East Coast--still 4-6 foot seas by Friday. Not pleasant divng at all. I pass.

Keys--Might go down to 3-5. That is my outside limit of what is do-able and still enjoyable. If so, I would go with an op with a big boat, not a small 6 pack.

I've heard it is a little better in the Keys, not much, but some. I would check with ops in Key Largo. As for the end of week forecast:

LBTS--forget it.

Bridge--was very bad (as in ZERO FEET) as of yesterday, doubt it will clear much by Friday as seas remain high through end of week, which stirs up sand, which comes on the tide to the bridge.

Boats along East Coast--still 4-6 foot seas by Friday. Not pleasant divng at all. I pass.

Keys--Might go down to 3-5. That is my outside limit of what is do-able and still enjoyable. If so, I would go with an op with a big boat, not a small 6 pack.
Thanks for the information. While not encouraging, it's good to know what we're in for....

Bummer, we've got a non-refundable trip in place from up north this Friday and Saturday. If the bridge is a no-go, we were going to try some shore sites, like LBTS or Dania Beach. But I'm worried those might be washed out too. Plan C would be to try and get on a boat or drive down to the Keys.

The most safe bet would be a boat out of Key Largo.

Pennekamp might be doable. I've never dived there, I hear it's sucky vis to start...

I try to get over to the east coast once a month. Last Sat my planned dives out of Pompano were obviously canceled. I passed on rebooking for this weekend. Glad I did. I rebooked for 10/29 out of Pompano. Hoping things are better by then!

Pennekamp might be doable. I've never dived there, I hear it's sucky vis to start...
Jenny, If you mean off the beach at the visitor center, it is usually diveable. We were there the first of the month for ReefFest and some of the group did that dive. There are typically tarpon and lobsters in a dredged,very mucky area known as the pit, etc. Viz is usually nsg, not so good--10-15 ft is good there. Seas out on the reef there are also less right now than up here.....Hoping to find 5-10 ft at BHB Thursday, we shall see----or not!

Yes, that is where I was referring to. Wonder if the west coast might be better.. look for some sharks teeth..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom