Blue Heron Bridge Trolls III

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I hear the park is closed to swimming.. bacteria high.
sigh..

Yes, that is where I was referring to. Wonder if the west coast might be better.. look for some sharks teeth..

I was at Venice last weekend and viz is ok at 5-6 ft still some red tide left over junk on the bottom and lots of dead horse shoe crab, tooth hunting was good for lots of small teeth I collected 565 and another guy went down and came right back up with a 3" meg.

I'm heading south this weekend to Manasota Key to see how I fair

Hi Jim!

Please post on Thurs as to how it looks.

Now not going as viz today reported as less than 1 ft......Shark tooth diving is sounding pretty good!

The wx forecast calls for cooler temps in the coming days--so diving BHB may be crappy in EVERY respect! :)

bmorescuba,

If you are still following--the Keys are definitely the place to be Friday and Saturday. There is a brief calming of the winds those days (not gone, but less that what we have been having) and with the northerly direction the inside reefs closer to shore in Pennekamp should have good diving conditions (low seas, can't vouch for the vis) as they are sheltered from that direction. It's going to start kicking again Saturday night.

It won't get calm enough to really get things good farther up the Coast.

So, go to Key Largo and enjoy!

bmorescuba,

If you are still following--the Keys are definitely the place to be Friday and Saturday. There is a brief calming of the winds those days (not gone, but less that what we have been having) and with the northerly direction the inside reefs closer to shore in Pennekamp should have good diving conditions (low seas, can't vouch for the vis) as they are sheltered from that direction. It's going to start kicking again Saturday night.

It won't get calm enough to really get things good farther up the Coast.

So, go to Key Largo and enjoy!

Thanks! I just checked and Phil Foster is still officially under warning for swimming (Parks & Recreation - Phil-Foster). That, plus viz reports of 0-2 ft. don't make it sound too appealing. We're not arriving until 11am on Friday, so I'm in doubt as to whether we could make it down to Key Largo in time for afternoon boats. If anyone knows ops who have later afternoon boats, let me know. We should be able to get down there for Sat. am dives, though.

Call around. How many are you? If 3 or more you might be able to get a six-pack (OK for the inner reefs) and control your departure time somewhat. If you arrive on time at 11, by the time you get your luggage and car, it will be noon. You should easily make Key Largo by 2:00.

Try Quiesence Diving Services (only six packs and best service I have ever seen), Conch Republic Divers, and Rainbow Reef.

There are many other good ops as well, these are just suggestions.

BHB is good if you want an ultra-macro bacteria dive!

Call around. How many are you? If 3 or more you might be able to get a six-pack (OK for the inner reefs) and control your departure time somewhat. If you arrive on time at 11, by the time you get your luggage and car, it will be noon. You should easily make Key Largo by 2:00.

Try Quiesence Diving Services (only six packs and best service I have ever seen), Conch Republic Divers, and Rainbow Reef.

There are many other good ops as well, these are just suggestions.

BHB is good if you want an ultra-macro bacteria dive!

Microscope photography?

OMG.. I was looking through very old threads here on SB, and came upon something I posted back in the original Trolls thread, years ago..
[chime music]
If I could find an octopus in a bottle
The first that I'd like to do
Is to shoot everyday
Like pho'grapher gone astray
And then to share it with you

If I could make dives last forever
If tides would always be high
I'd log every dive at Blue Heron Bridge
And then share it with you

But there never seems to be enough dives
To cover the east and west spans