Blue Heron Bridge Trolls III

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You should ask the dirty finned scuba goddess to show you where the sea horses hang out. She knows the area better than I know my back yard.
Definitely on my list of to-do's. Likely waiting til it's a little warmer and hopefully better conditions. For an hour plus drive, I want it to be super rad! :)

Be ready for a 2 hour dive. Even I accomplished that.

Definitely on my list of to-do's. Likely waiting til it's a little warmer and hopefully better conditions. For an hour plus drive, I want it to be super rad! :)
The dive will last as long as you can. The girl must have gills or something. My 120 wasn't enough to let me outlast her, and I was sipping on my snorkel at times. At the 3 hour mark, she will likely still be blowing bubbles.

No ma'am. I was with just one buddy. I did see some folks heading east on a scooter as we were heading west. Yesterday was certainly crowded and we were just trying to stay away and look at little critters.
The scooters apparently put in on the west side and went east. We went west. Once we finally escaped the piles of divers, things settled down. One guy did pass us a couple times, apparently lost. LOL..
Oh Crap! The pressure! Lower the expectations and you won't be disappointed. :wink:

Hey Everyone, first time in the water for a while, been fighting some chest thing which is finally subsiding.

We had bought new 5mm's for the occasion but underestimated our added weight. if anyone saw a couple of corks popping up and down yesterday, sorry, that would have been us. (no, not with scooters, and surely not over other divers though!!)

We did manage to have some fun, we have really missed the creatures at the BHB! Hoping to try again soon with a few more pounds..

A first for us at BHB is this orange neck crab, at least that's what we believe it is. I've seen greyish brown decorator crabs which are cool too but this one was out of this world! He also wasn't shy. Tried to stare us down for minutes. Maybe he was entertained by our lousy buoyancy in those new suits!

1708044419432.png

1708044468755.png
1708044491382.png
1708044531436.png
1708044567230.png

Made it out again yesterday, another neck/decorator crab, this time a fuzzy one.
A few more of Nat's pics to share with the group

We have some travel planned and won't be back for some time.
Please keep those pictures and reports coming so we can follow along too :)

1708213326388.png

We nicknamed this fellow Atlas, man, he must be strong to lift that shell and run with it.
1708213398804.png

1708213495515.png
1708213510637.png
1708213542025.png

I was hoping I could get a bit of advice as we are coming in this week to dive the bridge and there are 2 high tides available to us while we are in the area. Basically 7PM Thursday evening and 7AM the next morning. Which time slot would you choose? Or should we do both if we can?

Hi @Eddy32

The evening dive on Feb 22 is a night dive. You would have to register with Force E or sign up for a group guided dive with Pura Vida in order to dive.

Current sunrise is just before 7AM

I was hoping I could get a bit of advice as we are coming in this week to dive the bridge and there are 2 high tides available to us while we are in the area. Basically 7PM Thursday evening and 7AM the next morning. Which time slot would you choose? Or should we do both if we can?
How much do you want to dive? If I had to pick one, I personally prefer night dives and would do the 7pm. What are you interested in, macro photography, just taking video, just diving? Are there things you want to see, such as sea horses, frogfish, or octopus?

The night dives require dive shop sponsorship, so stop into Force-E to sign waivers prior, it's free.

If you aren't familiar with the site, a guide is recommended, else you'll just end up disappointed. There are lots of cool things to see, but you need to have an idea of where and what to look for.

FYI.. I heard that Lake O is being dumped. Vis yesterday was less than 5ft, and water temp 71-72.
If Lake O is being dumped, the vis will be shot as long as they are doing it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom