Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sailfin blennies.. found a colony off Hollywood that are pretty entertaining. John, I thought of you as I was shooting them this past week..
/end off BHB topic

boys and girls

Kev-
are you trying to say you have scooped the other item on my macro hit list, not one but multiple sail fin blennies.....
fate is cruel

How about this one from last Friday? Available light and lots of processing. Haven't actually had the opportunity to peruse yer complete list. . . :D

Kevin

IMG_0688wa.jpg

---------- Post added ----------

IMG_3756wa.jpg

Ran into a hole in my vocabulary and knowledge of anatomy when trying to describe the part of these blennies that got all swole up (along with the lightening in color) when the boys started messing with each other outside of their holes. The best I could come up with via Mr. Google was "buccula".

Kevin

Very nice viz today probably 40 ft or so. Water temps at 81F most of dive and showed 80F in my dive log.
Topside weather very nice and sunny, not super hot after the dive a little warm before the dive gearing up.
Many rays out today and I actually saw three very large tarpon that took a couple passes by me before leaving.
The larger one was easily 4 ft and the other two not far behind. A good diving day ! 22 fsw, 99 minutes, 80 degrees...

lancer dragonets

Kev-
are you trying to say you have scooped the other item on my macro hit list, not one but multiple sail fin blennies.....

John

Speaking of multiples, I believe this to be two males and a female. Guess at this size and resolution, it's sort of a "seek and find" puzzle. . .

Kevin

IMG_3911wa three of em.jpg

---------- Post added ----------

The boys.

IMG_3936wa.jpg

Very Nice-

Jenny I am starting to think I may actually have to dive to find these critters.
I live 15 minutes from Hollywood and can't find them at BHB after an 1.5 hour drive
and thats despite some kind directions.
Oh well, may be like the bumblebee shrimp where I couldn't find any and now see them frequently....:vintagediver:
John

Nice dive this evening, just under 2 hours. 77F ~20' vis.

Stumbled upon a big Lancer Dragonet party. 2 of 3 urchins I looked at had squat urchin shrimp on them. The pike blennies were putting on a show, the garden eels let us get close. Schools of baitfish. Saw one of our favorite elusive characters. Found three harlequin blue sea goddess nudis. Key worm eel, octos, etc. Fun times!

Excellent diving this afternoon ! I dove with a couple buddies I have not been out with in a few weeks
and just when I thought I had visited most locations it felt like I was on a completely new dive. A little
further this way and a little farther that way and I was shown some new areas I have been passing by
many times. A great dive ! 22 fsw, 110 minutes, 79 degrees...

Update: One of my dive buddies saw a bobbit worm tonite. just saw the pic

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom