Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Diva-
If that was you that shared the FF with us Monday, thanks!
We had looked that over for better part of a half hour in the same spot with no joy.
I was amazed to see him posing for your folks when we came back.
We got some very nice video after everyone had moved on.
The water had turned to pea soup but he would free swim out all puffed up and irritably nestle back into the sponge.

We would have loved to talk with you after but I spent a looong time trying to image a snapping shrimp in a curly cue anemone, he would lunge out to nip my finger.
By the time we came out everyone was long gone. Pretty typical.
Oh well, next time.
John

Last edited:
Diva-
If that was you that shared the FF with us Monday, thanks!
We had looked that over for better part of a half hour in the same spot with no joy.
I was amazed to see him posing for your folks when we came back.
We got some very nice video after everyone had moved on.
The water had turned to pea soup but he would free swim out all puffed up and irritably nestle back into the sponge.

We would have loved to talk with you after but I spent a looong time trying to image a snapping shrimp in a curly cue anemone, he would lunge out to nip my finger.
By the time we came out everyone was long gone. Pretty typical.
Oh well, next time.
John

Yep, John that was me. It's the eagle eye sharp vision of my AARP eyes. LOL Or, maybe luck. I pointed your partner in the direction of another ff but, unfortunately I had already been in since 2 hrs before ht and it was time for me to head out otherwise I might have been backstroking on the surface. That is why I didn't take her over there. I dive on a 63cu but, am thinking about going to my 80cu. I'm getting 2+ hrs on the 63 but has not been enough time of late. The other ff looks like a creamcicle. A beautiful orange & cream color. There was another on the rocks on the way east. A good day for us. Hopefully we can talk next time.

We dived this site for the first time July 26/27, pretty amazing. Looking forward to going back, all I managed to see were a few starfish and a couple sea robins (excluding the larger fish).

We dived this site for the first time July 26/27, pretty amazing. Looking forward to going back, all I managed to see were a few starfish and a couple sea robins (excluding the larger fish).

You have to take your exploration if this site really slow. There is a ton of very cool small and/or camouflaged life there that is easy to miss if you just cruise it.

Had a nice dive today even though conditions were not quite perfect. Vis was super murky and the water was really warm. 86 deg per my computer.

Saw jimw, divedivaDM, Scuba Jenny, and Bilsant. Also a bunch of other trolls as well.

Did a lot of looking around and what not, but only took pics of one thing, a pipefish.

THK5238.jpg

You are a discriminating soul....
Great shot!

Viz today was not good--about 10 ft--and JoanneR sez LESS! 6 ft. Anyway, it was good enough to run into some trolls without actually running into them! If you happen to go Saturday morning, please post the viz and temperature. I had 86F on my computer as well djtimmy. It rained as we left, so the viz may not be better tomorrow.

You are a discriminating soul....
Great shot!

Thanks! That was more of an experiment to see how close the pipefish would let me get with the diopter. There were plenty of critters out and about....just didn't feel inspired to take a bunch of pics. Still had a nice dive though!

Am guessing you went east???
With my camcorder battery dying consistantly around 144 minutes I find it hard to just enjoy the next 30 minutes of diving for fear of coming upon unique, once in a lifetime behavior.
To date, I've missed juvenile dolphins, baby loggerhead, a school of minute squid in sargassum, man of war fish, rare spotted juvenile octopus and more.
Luckily my video lights last so I can be a lighting grip and spotter for my still photographer spouse till I run out of air. Still nerve wracking...:D
John

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom