Blue O Two: Simply The Worse!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the advice Rusty,

I did receive a letter from Jason once the complaint was escalated. It was simply a copy and paste of previous responses from their customer service team. I'm sure he's a nice guy when receiving payment from a customer.

Plymouth is too far for me to travel to.

Thanks for everyone's comments (Apart from Wookie who obviously has some biased views towards tour operators and not paying customers).

I completely understand the situation with the weather, no one can control it. The captain probably made the right decision not to go to the sites as it was too risky.

However what I strongly disagree with is Blue O Two's approach to the disappointed customers after the week was over. Most of the customers were unhappy and a large number put in official complaints. Some of them had been diving with Blue O Two for many years and will now switch to other liveaboard companies.

Blue O Two were unable to provide the holiday that was advertised and that the customers paid for. The weather is out of their control but that shouldn't prevent them from making gestures of goodwill to all the customers that complained. If you pay for a product and don't receive it, the provider should be willing to do something to appease you. No matter how small it is.

They have lost out in the end. I will take my future business elsewhere and so will everyone else whose complaints were ignored.

You did come back! I'm sorry, but Wookie was correct in that the vast majority with your tone of voice never return to read other's comments or engage in conversation. Glad we were wrong about you and sorry you had a bummer of a trip.

I realize the weather is beyond a captain or company's control, but there is that old saying about an unhappy customer telling 30 people and a happy customer maybe telling no one. Maybe the better business model would have been to offer them something, virtually anything (even a measly discount or a free meal) to change the tone of the conversation.

Thanks FinnMom

You're absolutely right. A good business would have made some small token gesture to try and appease all the disappointed customers. They did not. In fact their response was quite condescending.

I'll be telling more than 30 people!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom