Boat delima update...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wildcard

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
So y'all know I have been looking for a place here on Oahu to park my boat that is on the Big Isle. Last night a guy calls and makes an offer, I take it, low ball but I gotta do something with it. Today the Rainbow marina calls with a spot for my boat. Such is my life.... Now I need to decide if Im going to back out of the low ball deal and keep it here or sell it and buy the 10 inflatable. Kinda thinking Im going to keep it at this point. Maybe do some low end fishing trips for the troops while Im not working. Im purtty good at catching fish ya know? Some guys that work with my GF did the big boat charter and were disgusted with two little fish and not much at all to take home. Im thinking a couple of guys at a time and just have fun fishing. Id come out ahead a couple hundred bucks a day....Yup, Im keeping it! Maybe....:06:

Sounds like you already made up your mind :D
If it is a really nice boat I bet you could make some money doing sunset charters too:wink:

No, it's an older 21 fot skiff. Not real pretty but seaworthy enough. Fishes good, dives pretty good with one noteable and corrected problem ( sorry Red Ryder, I didn't know it was grease). Im also thinking I could get more for it here as I have more time and 10 times as many people to sell to. But then Id just buy another...Boats, a large hole in the water into which you pour money. I have five of them right now. Cripes!
Boats for sale, many many boats for sale......
Wanted 40-50 foot sail boat.

Where's the Rainbow Marina? Never heard of it.

You have 5 boats?!? Are you kidding me? Maybe you should sell all 5, get that big sailboat and sail around the world.

I've always fantasized about owning a boat. But I've always heard exactly what you've said - it's this hole into which you pour money. Besides, who am I kidding - 1) I can't afford one and 2) I have no illusions that I'd want to do all the work involved with maintaining a boat.

Rainbow is a military harbor near Pearl. Just keep going past the entrance to the Missouri. Yes, I have five boats from 8 feet to 46 feet. Nothing fancy, 8 foot john boat for bowfishing carp, grandpas 12 1954 Monkey Wards Sea King, 12 foot folda boat, The 21 footer and F/V Wildcard, my 46 foot comm fish boat...Looks like I have sold the 21 footer and I was out looking at sail boats today LOL. That is our plan as soon as Kathy is out of the military is to spend a few months every year sailing around, maybe teach a few SCUBA classes. what ever. Im thinking now Im gonna buy a 10 foot inflatable from a buddy. I have a 6 hp kicker for it and it will fit in the jeep. Decent little dive boat for two for not much cash and easy to resell. It will also make a good tender and dive platform for the sail boat!

Wildcard:
Rainbow is a military harbor near Pearl. ...

Is that Aiea Landing next to Makalapa Housing? Tried Hickam Harbor? It's a lot closer to the open ocean; less chance of bumping into an aircraft carrier. Also heard that fishing for bonefish (o'io) is great next to the reef runway. Some friends used to hoof it all the way around before 9/11; they also hopped the fences once and took the shortcut across 8R/22L -- they called it "exciting" to nearly get mowed down by a heavy on takeoff...

I'll look into that, thanks!

Sell the 21' and go with the inflatable. I kept a boat at RBM for 10 years. Nice central location and I didn't have to deal with the Air Force about storing my boat. We used to keep a military dive club inflatable over at Sub Base and trailer it from there until SIMA leveled the building - Admiral Nimitz's old waterfront office - to expand. It was a 15' Avon with a 40hp Johnson. An inflatable can dive anywhere on Oahu including the really cool spots only diveable a few times a year. Have fun.

I sold my 14 foot inflatable to buy the 21 footer. I wanted more fishing ability. Can't beat a blow up for diving.

The boat is sold!!!!!! Two happiest days of a boat owners life, the day you buy it and the day you sell it!!!!!!!!!
Crap! Now I have no boat here, must fix this fast...LOL

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom