Boat

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba65:
Well, I think we are going to do a cuddy...I was thinking of the big cabin cruiser but first of all, we are not going to shower there...i'm not going to be cooking there..hell if i go out it's for fun not to be cooking. yes, i want a place maybe to sleep if I get tired and we can stay overnight..and the potti just in case. It does become very expensive with things that are needed. so, little by little it all adds up. We are going to keep it out of the water for sure. Now do you keep your's moored? or at a slip? if so where do you keep it?

The cuddy's are engineered well for diving (believe it or not) and if you are hearty/like camping in a tent for example you will have a blast. I have slept 4 adults on my 19' cuddy complete with dive gear for two, cooler, etc. Staying on the boat is a step above camping for sure but if you're OK with camping you will be fine on a cuddy. A 21' will certainly more space and a bit more convenience than my 19'. An absolute must for these boats is the camper canvas that covers from the windshield all the way to the stern.

Alum 80 tanks fit beside my seats out of the way for example. I can take three divers with doubles and deco bottles. More than that would be too cramped and too heavily loaded. Though I think the 21' cuddy comes with a larger engine than my 19'. I keep mine moored in Salem Harbor.

Good luck and enjoy your boat. Once you have the basics you can slowly add things for convenience. It is amazing how you can learn to configure these things with time and experience.

--Matt

I can't wait to get it, and hubby is really excited too. Will probably have to get the camper canvas for it..since it will be convenient with it. do you have one on your's?? and if so where did you get it and what did it run? Now is your's a cuddy also? well, we might have to meet up at some point and have a boat dive/party...

Scuba65:
I can't wait to get it, and hubby is really excited too. Will probably have to get the camper canvas for it..since it will be convenient with it. do you have one on your's?? and if so where did you get it and what did it run? Now is your's a cuddy also? well, we might have to meet up at some point and have a boat dive/party...

My boat is the 19' cuddy and it came with the full camper canvas as part of the purchase price. The canvas is the single most important item you need to make your boat comfortable for the ocean in my opinion.

I would be happy to meet up with you guys sometime. I am out every weekend from mid April to the end of October short of a crazy storm.

--Matt

Well, we were looking forward to having the boat for this coming weekend..since we heard it was going to be nice...ya, right! dream on...we probably won't see it for another couple of weeks if so. Matt, you would love to dive with my hubby since you sound as crazy as he is...ha,ha,ha..I mean that in a good way also.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom