Bob

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello from Razorback Country:
Am returning to diving after a 43 year hiatus. Will do open water in March (Vortex Springs). After a weight loss of 123lbs. ,I am ready to return to a more active lifestyle. Best wishes to all.
Rapid Robert

Holy weight-loss, Rubenstein! Congrats on not only losing it but also getting back into a great sport. One that will help you keep that all off, too!

Let us know how it goes :)
Christine

After a weight loss of 123lbs. ,I am ready to return to a more active lifestyle. Best wishes to all.

Were your weights the only thing you lost and were they on a belt or integrated?

123 pounds? That's discipline. Reward yourself with lots of diving!

Welcome to the board.

Hello from Razorback Country:
Am returning to diving after a 43 year hiatus. Will do open water in March (Vortex Springs). After a weight loss of 123lbs. ,I am ready to return to a more active lifestyle. Best wishes to all.
Rapid Robert

Welcome to the board, Bob. You're in a great state for taking up diving, even if you've missed the evolution of almost all the toys we use. You'll love the variety of the lakes to choose from. You can find good diving you can park right next to and dive out of your car trunk. You can use a small boat and access the fun things divers have sunk for new divers to experience. . . A school bus at thirty feet, when you can see out the back door.

Make friends with other divers in your class, and other divers using the same dive shop. Ouachita lake, near Hot Springs is one of the leading vacation lakes with HouseBoats of every size. More than 100 sandy islands to tie up to, and never a crowded dive beach. Welcome back.

Thanks to all who responded to my original post. I appreciate the welcome. To (IDOCSSTEVE):"Integrated , primarily in front!" Also, yes, I'm fortunate to live in Arkansas , where opportunities for lake divivg are abundant. Good diving to all and if somehow any of you should make it to Jonesboro, AR. give a shout!
Rapid Robert

Back
Top Bottom