Bonaire march 4 2018 for 7 days. Anyone else?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

caribean-ted

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I will be staying at eden beach resort march 4 to the 11th, looking to buddy up with some advanced divers for shore dives.
If anyone else is going let me know if you need a dive buddy. If not im sure there will be lots of single divers there, first time in bonaire so not sure what to expect, using wannadive as my opp. Any reviews of must do sites, diving solo etc would be appeciated. Not sure how to bring my gear when shore diving as per thefts etc.

What do you bring and how to keep it safe.
Thanks

Not sure how to bring my gear when shore diving as per thefts etc.
There are a ton of posts on this subject. We literally leave nothing in the truck other than perhaps a towel, crapy cap and cheap sunglasses. I wear my booties driving and put the key, a CC maybe, drivers license and some cash in an otterbox which gets connected to a bc d ring and then tucked in a bc pocket zippered closed (and I don't open this pocket during the dive),

wondering about the dive bag also. guess a ziploc bag would be ok long as i dont leave air in it

We don't bother with gear bags for the truck. We load tanks, weight belts, fins, bcd, regs and where we stay they have a bunch of clear one gallon water jugs set out that we toss in the back. They heat up in the sun and provide a refreshing post dive rinse. Masks and camera go in the cab with us. Small stuff like small lights and SMBs are already on/in the bcs. I would not use a zip lock if the key is electronic or the cc has a chip but I think otherwise a small zip lock works so long as getting wet is not an issue and you have a zippered pocket

how was the keys for hotel and truck u used? good advice thanks much appreciated. they must sell otter boxes there i assume?

I have no idea whether they are sold on the island. A quick google search and I could not find the small one I have. There are other options as well others use. Maybe others will chime in. Hotel key for us was old fashion metal and I believe our truck key was as well.

thanks gonna check my local dive shop. will be in bonaire b4 it ships. says will ship mar 3 to 13th now i know what to look for

I was there last month at Capt. Don’s. Our room keys were on a wrist loop (looks like an old coiled phone cord that will expand to fit your wrist). I always just kept it on my wrist when shore diving. I believe the guy who was driving did the same thing with the truck key. Just in case the place your staying doesn’t do this, you can pick one up pretty much anyplace that makes keys.

Erik

I was there last month at Capt. Don’s. Our room keys were on a wrist loop (looks like an old coiled phone cord that will expand to fit your wrist). I always just kept it on my wrist when shore diving. I believe the guy who was driving did the same thing with the truck key. Just in case the place your staying doesn’t do this, you can pick one up pretty much anyplace that makes keys.

Erik
how bout dive card and drivers license? thinking ill need that with me also

Back
Top Bottom