Bonaire march 4 2018 for 7 days. Anyone else?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Only time my C cards were out was when I was setting up with the dive op at the beginning of the vacation. Otherwise, no scuba police. As far as license, I think the guy in our group that was diving just carried it with some cash in a pocket of his trunks under his wetsuits. Wet money is the norm.

There were 18 of us in our group, so 4 trucks. No one had any problem with theft, but we weren’t obvious with things, either. One set of our group was doing mainly shore dives (we had a morning boat package of 2 dives daily for 5 days, I think they did 2 of those dives total) and they would take full changes of clothes, whereas the rest of us would drive around with our wetsuites half on and t-shirts. We all had coolers, though, and no issues.

Someone on tripadvisor is looking for a buddy same time

Only time my C cards were out was when I was setting up with the dive op at the beginning of the vacation. Otherwise, no scuba police. As far as license, I think the guy in our group that was diving just carried it with some cash in a pocket of his trunks under his wetsuits. Wet money is the norm.

There were 18 of us in our group, so 4 trucks. No one had any problem with theft, but we weren’t obvious with things, either. One set of our group was doing mainly shore dives (we had a morning boat package of 2 dives daily for 5 days, I think they did 2 of those dives total) and they would take full changes of clothes, whereas the rest of us would drive around with our wetsuites half on and t-shirts. We all had coolers, though, and no issues.
how were the boat dives as opposed to the shore dives? as im diving solo not sure weather i wantbto stick to boat dives or try solo shore dives if no buddy available. better if im there i could see how everyone else is managing

Is it mandatory to do a checkout dive there, wannadive is requesting on monday afternoon. Wanted to get in 2 boat dives mon and tues. Never had to before. Only have 5 days to dive there

Did they request a checkout dive and which dive opp were you using, they aant me to do one monday afternoon meaning i will aaste a good morning dive waiting for them.

When do you arrive on the island? Try to get the dive op to do the check out the afternoon before.

We did boat dives through Capt. Don’s. They were good dives. A few of them would have been easy shore dives, but most were either at Klein Bonaire or ones that would have required more than my knees could do (ex. 1000 steps).

It is mandatory to do a checkout dive and a briefing before you can dive. After you will need to purchase a pass that you are required to have on you at all times. If you don’t have the pass, and are approached by the park authorities, they may confiscate your gear. Divings over. We got in on Saturday afternoon and did the briefing and checkout dive the next morning. Our first dive was at noon.

ok thanks. i booked with wannadive. should be good

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom