bonaire or roatan in september?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have been to Bonaire twice and am going the Roatan (Coco View) for the second time in May.

I would pick Bonaire if given a choice everytime.

My daughter requested Roatan this trip since she missed my first trip there. Diving with my daughter is much more important than arguing over locale.

long time listerner first time caller. Have been to both but my comment is from my perspective as a blood donor. Roatan set me back a year in my ability to donate blood. If I had known would not of went. Implied in this is a somewhat vague warning about a malaria risk in going to roatan.
vote bonaire

RoatanMan:
No resort in Bonaire has a shore dive worth much...

If I understand this statement correctly, it just isn't true. :no

Been to Bonaire in September 2004, 2005, and 2006 ... September's a great time to go.

Loved both Bonaire and Roatan, but I think Bonaire is the better choice ... especially for the new diver.

FWIW - I loved the house reefs at both Capt. Don's and the Plaza ... did many dives on both and never felt I had a bad dive.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Been to Roatan 24 times, 400+ dives(have a house just east of AKR) & Bonaire 0....my vote, Roatan....lol....PM or email me if you need any Roatan advice....drjr52@yohoo.com......

We are just on our way home from 18 nights in Bonaire (online at Curacao airport). We dived Habitat house reef many times and thought it was good. One more point about where to go in September, the Bonarian coral spawning is likely to occur in late September in 2007. We have witnessed the last 7 or 8 annual coral spawnings and it is an awesome sight - as most of it occurs at night and shore diving (especially from the resorts) is very easy in Bonaire, the island is an excellent place to see this amazing event.

chauncy19:
long time listerner first time caller. Have been to both but my comment is from my perspective as a blood donor. Roatan set me back a year in my ability to donate blood. If I had known would not of went. Implied in this is a somewhat vague warning about a malaria risk in going to roatan.
vote bonaire

Had the same thing happen to me.

Back
Top Bottom