Bonaire or St Lucia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
I just returned from T&C Provo GREAT!!!

I am looking to plan for my next trip which is better of the two all-around? My wife does not dive but she will snorkel.
What do you say St. Lucia or Bonaire???

Thanks for any suggestions.Brian :06:

Hi Brian,

I can't speak for St. Lucia as I have not been there before but, I can highly recommend Bonaire.

As you probably know Bonaire is the shore diving capital of the world. There is great diving and snorkling. The reef starts in shallow water which is great for your wife. You can find a TON of information for Bonaire on this board as well as www.Bonairetalk.com

No matter where you decide to go have fun while you are there!

I've been to both islands, and love them both. They are 100% different from each other topside and bottom side.

If your wife doesn't mind a small bit of shopping, or site seeing, go to Bonaire. The diving is world class, especially for beginners in Bonaire.
St. Lucia has more shopping and site seeing, but the diving is only average.

Either or it depends on what you have in your pockets. St Lucia is the high end of diving rates and has its advantages. Great food lovely hotels/lodges and wonderful dives. Bonaire is also very nice and geared more towards divers, which brings down rates. Diving is for 1 to 10 6-7 while SL would be 7-9 based on the sites you hit.
While I have been to both I would hit one of the other islands just for the diving.

I've dived bonaire and it was breathe taking, I'm going to St. Lucia this sept for a vacation/dive trip. I'd do Bonair again in a heart beat, as the other poster said the snorkeling starts ankle deep and goes on to the wall.

I'd recommend Bonaire for ease of diving/snorkeling and the tremendous variety of sites. You could choose a different site everyday for several weeks and not repeat one. Also driving around is very easy to manage, and food was both reasonably priced and good. We just took our first trip to Bonaire in May and loved it. And if you're looking for a bit more personal attention and not getting lost in the crowd at a dive resort - check out Deep Blue View B&B ... small, private, almost like having your own home there ... I can't wait to go back .....

Have only been to St Lucia on a day trip, and it was beautiful. The snorkeling was great, but I don't think it quite compares to Bonaire ........

Bonaire. End of story.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom