Bonaire Shore Diving Made Stupid (Apr 29-May 7 @ Den Laman)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My wife and I usually snorkel out to the drop off looking for anything interesting along the way. As often as not we end up finding something fun before the drop off and continue our dive submerged. I am pretty good on air consumption and my wife uses about 25% less than me. Our last trip to Bonaire we had only one dive of less than 1 hr, only because I had a headache and a couple over 2 hr. We did a 2 hr night dive at Lac Cai that was out of this world.

I am going back to BON next xmas and staying at BD. My family loves the island and this nice review only gets me more excited. I have never been there in the winter before so am interested to see what it is like then.

New pro-tip.
1. bring your own cup, a blender bottle works well, when you arrive, you can fill up it with water at the fountain in the airport, in your room, you can use it to hydrate (since hotel/condo glasses are tiny) since divers might drink 16-24oz of water at a time.

A lot of divers familiar with Bonaire bring plastic hiking/biking water bottles. Unlike many travel destinations the tap water on Bonaire is safe, and buying bottled water is not only a wasteful expense, it adds significantly to the island's landfill problems

Damn I miss Bonaire.

6 weeks from now I will already be missing Bonaire myself. :(

On the other hand, 5 weeks from now I will be on my way there! :bounce3:

What a difference a week makes, huh?

Counting down the days now!!! :goingdown: :goingdown: :goingdown: :goingdown: :goingdown: :goingdown:

I'm counting down the hours before we leave for the airport. This will be our first trip to Bonaire. This OP's excellent report started a nice travel brochure of a thread. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom