Bonaire Water Temp Lately?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JW13

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My buddy and I are headed for Bonaire on Saturday, October 29 :) and debating whether to pack a shortie and/or a 3mm full.

Can anyone tell us the water temp's they've experienced very recently so we can estimate what it will be next week?

Thanks in advance!

They've been nice, JR.

Look for 82 plus/minus a degree, 2 at the outside.

Have a blast.

Regards,

DocVikingo

Thanks for the info!

We'll be packing today. Any last minute updates on the water temperature will be appreciated.

Countdown to Bonaire.... 1 :D

I don't know about that shortie. Even in the 80's the water may be feeling a little cool by the end of your third or fourth dive. There's also the protection factor from inadvertent brushes with fire coral or an iron shore tumble.

Heading down myself Nov.5th-13th. PBA (pre Bonaire anxiety)....Will I catch a cold????? Will I sprain my ankle before I get there??? Will that new dome lens work well for me??? How late will clinic run next Friday???

82 degrees every dive the last three days, but you definitely hit pockets of cooler water occasionally.

Wife is getting chilly on most dives because she lost a little weight and the shortie doesn't fit as snug as before, but my shortie is just right for me.

Anyone have any recent reports on water temps and viz around Bonaire?? I'm heading there the first week of November and trying to choose between a 3/2 full, a shortie, and no wetsuit.

Thanks,
James

It's almost always 80 +/- 2 deg so temp is not really the question, rather it's how much wetsuit do YOU need. I am comfortable/dive with either a skin or a fleece lined skin. On the same dive one of my buddies dives a full 5mm with a hood and gets cold....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom