Naama Bay trip questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divegirl1978

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi I’m heading to Naama Bay soon for a week of diving. I’ve got a couple of questions for anyone that’s been recently.

I’m guessing my 3mm full wet suit will be fine? Looks like water temps in the low 80’s and surface look’s beyond hot. I do tend to get chilly but I’m thinking my 5 will boil me.

What are the must try restaurants for dinner? Do most places take credit cards? And how’s the dress more dressy or what ever we toss on after diving?

Any other tips are more then welcome.

I'm not long back from Egypt. Depends on how much you feel the cold. Water temperatures was around 30 degrees C. You can expect similar, perhaps minus a couple of degrees I've rarely been too hot SCUBA diving, but have been too cold lots of times. I took the equivalent of a semi-dry, but was liveaboard diving. No regrets. Didn't even think about water temperature, so I must have got it right!

Wear whatever you like to dinner, but it is a Muslim country, so personally, I would dress modestly if I were female. That said, it is a very touristy spot, so pretty much anything goes.

US$, Euros and Egyptian pound are widely accepted. A service charge and taxes are added on to menu prices in restaurants.

We just got back. I am sensitive to the cold, so I wear a 5mm there. I tried doing a 3mm one year and it only lasted one dive. Most of the restaurants want cash. But you do not have to bring a lot a lot of cash as you can get egyptian pounds safely at atms. You can also lock and unlock your atm card. Nobody cares how you dress as long as you are not wearing a swim suit around outside of a water area. Get some entocid for the mummy tummy and hydro salts for dehyration.

You do have to wear a robe if you decide to go in the Mosque. They have them there to borrow.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom