Bonaire with Sunwing.ca - the good, the bad.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Interesting, I've never had that problem with Buddy Dive. Perhaps it is because our group "owns the boat" so perhaps we get more slack. Yes, the 60 mins is a harder cutoff, but we've never had an issue with staying with the guide.

Buddy Dive boat diving did interfere greatly with photography in December for us. The boat dives were much more regimented then in the past and one was forced to stay with the group. Having a crowd also resulted in having people climb up my rear whenever I stopped to take a few shots. Also, we were cut off at 60 minutes.
The solution which we took after 2 days of this was more shore diving.
People always wonder why I am such a shore diving fan and it is exactly this. If I want to spend 20 minutes in the shallows working on a shot I can. If I don't want to spend 60 minutes in close company with a dozen others I don't have to. I am heading back to Bonaire in a week and a day. (yay!) This is trip with our LDS and I have several friends on it. We are staying at Divi and of course the package has boat dives on it. I plan to do several dives on the boat just to get to some sites I can't otherwise or to hang with my friends. I still got a truck and plan and another friend did to so we can get a pack to go hit some of the good stuff.

People always wonder why I am such a shore diving fan and it is exactly this. If I want to spend 20 minutes in the shallows working on a shot I can. If I don't want to spend 60 minutes in close company with a dozen others I don't have to. I am heading back to Bonaire in a week and a day. (yay!) This is trip with our LDS and I have several friends on it. We are staying at Divi and of course the package has boat dives on it. I plan to do several dives on the boat just to get to some sites I can't otherwise or to hang with my friends. I still got a truck and plan and another friend did to so we can get a pack to go hit some of the good stuff.
Have fun @darook - Looking forward to your next trip report and your great photos and video! So jealous! I have to content myself with Channel Islands diving for the next 2.5 months before the liveaboard to Belize in April. :wink:

Thanks Boss! I am taking my college kid to Roatan in August before she goes back for her last year of school. I have been tempted by Aggressor Fleet's sale to maybe stick a trip in the middle somewhere.

Thanks Boss! I am taking my college kid to Roatan in August before she goes back for her last year of school. I have been tempted by Aggressor Fleet's sale to maybe stick a trip in the middle somewhere.
We will be on the Aggressor III in Belize from April 21-28. Will be in Roatan at Coco View from July 28- August 4th and in Kona from September 11 to September 18.

Gotta love the Aggressor deals right now!

We will be on the Aggressor III from April 21-28. Will be in Roatan at Coco View from July 28- August 4th.
We will be on Roatan that same week. It is another LDS trip focused on folks like me who can only dive with their kid when school isn't in session. We will be staying at Turquoise Bay Resort. Maybe we will catch you at the airport. I imagine we will be on the Delta run out of ATL if you are going that way.

We will be on Roatan that same week. It is another LDS trip focused on folks like me who can only dive with their kid when school isn't in session. We will be staying at Turquoise Bay Resort. Maybe we will catch you at the airport. I imagine we will be on the Delta run out of ATL if you are going that way.
We will have to figure out a way to get together that week for sure. @scubadada highly recommends Turquoise Bay Resort and I probably would have done that, but this is a trip where I will be assisting a group of handicapped military veterans at Coco View. I haven't looked at flights closely yet, but pretty sure we will be flying United from Portland and through Houston. Let's stay in touch as we get closer. If you get a chance, you should read his excellent trip report on Turquoise Bay.

We will be on the Aggressor III in Belize from April 21-28. Will be in Roatan at Coco View from July 28- August 4th and in Kona from September 11 to September 18.

Gotta love the Aggressor deals right now!

I can’t even read your posts anymore without turning green with envy. :tired:

We will have to figure out a way to get together that week for sure. @scubadada highly recommends Turquoise Bay Resort and I probably would have done that, but this is a trip where I will be assisting a group of handicapped military veterans at Coco View. I haven't looked at flights closely yet, but pretty sure we will be flying United from Portland and through Houston. Let's stay in touch as we get closer. If you get a chance, you should read his excellent trip report on Turquoise Bay.
That is so cool! What a great purpose for your trip. I am sure we can figure it out to get together. Since Delta is selling coach seats for first class prices it is not inconceivable that we will be on United.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom