Boston Sea Rovers show

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

knfmn

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Anyone going? I've never been and am looking forward to it. Will I be able to buy tickets at the door? Do they sell gear there?

Kristopher

Yes to all, though vendors had been getting scarce the last half dozen years or so.
The new venue should be more convenient for many of us.
Jim

I'll be there. It's only about 20 minutes from my house, so it'll be a nice little trip.

Kristopher

I'll be there as well. Don't miss the film festival on Saturday night, I'd recommend getting tickets in advance if still available.
Hal

I'll be there on Saturday. Should be a good show.

Just got back from the show a little while ago. It was really nice. I got to talk to Dan Orr, the head of DAN for a little while and got a signed copy of his book from him. We also attended the talk that Stan Waterman (sharkman) gave, which was really interesting. I had a great time, and wish I'd been able to spend more time there. It was nice to get to put some faces to the names. I met some of the Northshore frogmen, which was really cool.

Me_With_Stan_Waterman.jpg

Kristopher

In a few words....
I was there on Sat.
Exhibition part on decline - only a handful of the exhibitors, but that seems to be a long term trend at BSR.
Seminar part solid good, as usual, with few exceptional presentations.
Film festival as good ad it gets in terms of the material.
I enjoyed dr Skomal as Master of Ceremonies.
As of new venue, it was OK for a day part.
Accommodation for film festival were less then desirable. The room in which festival was hold was better suited for banquet that film watching. Even with two screens I had to watch footage at some bizarre angle. Due to one level floor configuration, I couldn't see bottom 25% of the screen. despite the fact I am 6'1" I have to extend myself to be able to read subtitles, which probably aggravate the person seating behind me.
I think BSR organizers would do better renting local movie theater for such glamor night.
But it is just my opinion.
rgrds
Tomek

I'm relaxing on the couch after a long few days. I spent the weekend there, splitting the time between helping out at the North Shore Frogmens booth and catching some of the seminars. All in all it was a good few days, would have been nice to have more exhibitors but I can't really complain. Unfortunately I wasn't able to catch the film show as I was exhausted come 5, hopefully next year I'll be able to catch it. Of course, I couldn't leave without a few new toys. :D Got Xen number 48 from my friends at Scuba Shack and a few line stoppers from High Seas Millworks.

Back
Top Bottom